Wordpress SQRL login

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

Gristle

Feb 16, 2019
Post removed due to harassment from PHolder

Last edited:

Once set this cannot be

Jun 27, 2019
@kalaspuffar, is it possible to add functionality to the plugin for the admin to specify the page to return to once login is successful? There may be an instance where admin wants to present a particular page as opposed to logged-in profile, main page, or post one was viewing before logging in.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
@kalaspuffar, is it possible to add functionality to the plugin for the admin to specify the page to return to once login is successful? There may be an instance where admin wants to present a particular page as opposed to logged-in profile, main page, or post one was viewing before logging in.
Yup: sometimes, when clicking on a link in a comment thread, there is a redirect URL and that's working. When there isn't it would be good to decide where to send users after they log in.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Steve

If you want to share the WordPress plugin. Then I think the address should go to the wordpress.org site instead.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/sqrl-login/

So if people search for 'sqrl' in their WordPress installations they will find it and they can look at the plugin over there. Sending people over to the developer repository will probably confuse a lot of people. If the purpose isn't for someone to review the code. If so then please go ahead.

Best regards
Daniel

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Because of the common expectation that SFW means safe for work (as opposed to NSFW) I would have chosen SWP (for SQRL WordPress or SQRL Wordpress Plugin)
I take your point. Thank goodness that it not only is safe for work, but recommended for work! <g>

MrObvious

Jan 30, 2019
Steve, you should add a grc.sc link for the uhash site to test it out (with permission of course).

Gristle

Feb 16, 2019
Post removed due to harassment from PHolder

Last edited:

PHolder

May 19, 2018
specifically because of that pun
Well that was my point... to each their own... but security people tend to be somewhat humourless in my experience... security tends to be stuffy, serious, business. So if you want to be taken seriously when doing the work, you want to avoid being flippant... IMHO

Gristle

Feb 16, 2019
Post removed due to harassment from PHolder. He's a dick.

Last edited:

Once set this cannot be

Jun 27, 2019
Searching for “login” under plugins on my WP backend has 22 pages of results, in descending order of installs.

sqrl-login is currently on page 15 with 20+active installs. I imagine this same time tomorrow-ish, those numbers will change significantly.

Last edited:

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
For installing plugins in wordpress the only sane way is to find them in the Wordpress "store". SQRL only has one entry now so its very easy.