Wordpress SQRL login

Once set this cannot be

Jun 27, 2019
@kalaspuffar I was just thinking back to elementary school when students return to school and the teacher asks them to tell the.class what they did on their holidays and I was thinking about you on your holidays and what your response would be if you were asked that question at SQRL school.

Teacher: Daniel can you tell us what you did on your holidays?

Daniel: Not much. I stayed at home all day and played o the computer and drank lots of coffee the whole time. I chatted with strangers from all over the world - some really normal peoples and some super-eccentric cray people, too. I didn’t even go outside once. But my mom and dad would be proud of me this time - I helped to save the internet by writing a Wordpress pluginfor SQRL

I can’t wait to see the number go up, way up.

Last edited:
Reactions: kalaspuffar

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
@kalaspuffar I was just thinking back to elementary school when students return to school and the teacher asks them to tell the.class what they did on their holidays and I was thinking about you on your holidays and what your response would be if you were asked that question at SQRL school.

Teacher: Daniel can you tell us what you did on your holidays?

Daniel: Not much. I stayed at home all day and played o the computer and drank lots of coffee the whole time. I chatted with strangers from all over the world - some really normal peoples and some super-eccentric cray people, too. I didn’t even go outside once. But my mom and dad would be proud of me this time - I helped to save the internet by writing a Wordpress pluginfor SQRL

I can’t wait to see the number go up, way up.
Sounds like my childhood. I'm a bit strange. Had my first girlfriend at 18 because I didn't have time before that.

Swimmer trained 13 times a week, was in school and did all my homework. The rest of the time I spent in front of the computer. Slept 3-4 hours a night.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Once set this cannot be

Just to ensure you that I don't over extend. My wife told me to get my developer urges out this week so I can spend the rest of my holiday with her and the kids. So there will come a day when I will be absent from the forums and all bugs, feature request and other communication will have to wait.

Thank you for your time and making my wife smile :)

Best regards
Daniel

Julian

Jun 25, 2019
Hi!
I've been waiting for this for years (while listening to Steve and Leo on SN), and now it happened!
Thanks, that's great!!!

One question, how can I use it to connect to two different accounts (admin and standard user), do I have to create a second identity in sqrl android app?

Regards

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Julian

I think you could use the Alternative ID for that if you want. Or creating another ID is also a valid option. It is depending on how permanent the usage will be and what is most convenient for you.

Best regards
Daniel

Andrew Drapper

Oct 6, 2019
Hi,

For anyone having trouble with a site hosted on wordpress.com and being diverted to the wordpress.com login, not your site's login... you need to...

Navigate to "My Sites" > Manage > Settings > Security. And disable the option at the bottom of the page "Allow users to log in to this site using WordPress.com accounts."

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 14.05.50.jpg

shanedk

May 20, 2018
I gave SQRL too long a password... is there a way to change it?
If you know the password, it's easy; there should be an option in whatever client you're using. If you've forgotten your password, you'll need to set a new one using the Rescue Code you printed out when you created the identity.

Andrew Drapper

Oct 6, 2019
Does anyone know of any work being done on a Wordpress SQRL login? It seems to me that as WP is a very popular framework on which many sites are built, it could be one way to get the SQRL system known to a very wide audience.
There is a great WP plugin. Just look for it in the WP add plugin repository.

Ern Aldo

Nov 30, 2019
Great work Daniel!

What needs to be done for the SQRL Login plugin to activate on login pages other than the WP default? For example, login forms using UltimateMember or similar plugins, or custom login forms ...

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
In short I don't know for certain how this would be solved, but I have thoughts:

If you have replaced the normal login page, so that the modifications done by SQRL WP plugin do not appear you probably should check the source and see what it is trying to add there, and add that to whatever login page source you are using, I have no information on how that works though myself, I don't use WP or the plugin for it. However it might be possible that the plugin based ones cooperate, depending on how they do the work, otherwise you will need to merge the code somehow manually, or see if the respective authors of the plugins can cooperate on a compatibility patch.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Ern Aldo

The plugin hooks into the usual events for presenting information on the login page. So for plugins using the regular functions it should play nice.

If you on the other hand have rewritten the login page you need to modify it to include the Link and SQRL QR code yourself.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Daniel

Ern Aldo

Nov 30, 2019
Yes, even after using many plugins I still don't grok how WP's hooking system works. All I know is, the plugins that are easiest to use tell the admin to add a line of PHP somewhere, or a couple of functions and shortcodes on pages or forms, and it all just works.

Many beginner WP guides advise how to create a custom login form, just to get away from that generic WP look. So everyone who followed that advice will need an easy way to integrate the SQRL plugin. Every plugin that has their own login form will also need to know some way to integrate. I know the general idea is to "include the Link and SQRL QR code". What I'm really asking is, what does that look like in particular? Like, what lines need to be copied from sqrl-login.php?

I could volunteer to survey a bunch of user-oriented plugins, and see if the QR code shows up on their login forms, to get an idea of how important this request is...