wordpress in subdir

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

Ygdrazil

Feb 18, 2019
Hi!
I have to wordpress installs (both fully updated), one in <mydomain>.com and one in <mydomain>.com/<subfolder>
The first one works fine but the one that is installed in a sub folder i get the following error:
Any idea?

Tore

Ygdrazil

Feb 18, 2019
I see that i get an error on the user page where you associate the account. But not on the one that works
Notice: WP_User->id was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.1.0! Use WP_User->ID instead. in /customers/c/1/7/dir/www/subDir/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4652
The on in top dir is and old but updates install where as the not working in a sub dir is a new and fresh install

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
I am not sure if the plugin uses the um term thing that extends the path to be hashed, is it x=N ? like the forum uses? That might be why it is not working properly, but I am not sure really. I hope someone who knows more can help fix this problem for you soon.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Ygdrazil

The deprecation notice should not be a problem if you run your server without showing notices to your end-users. Notices are bad practice to display because they might give attacker leverage to the system.

But if that is not your problem, then look at your configuration and assure that you entered the configuration variables correctly.

As a side note, the plugin looks at the site URL and determines the x= parameter, so that should not be an issue @Vela Nanashi. If you see an incorrect value in your links on the login page, then please submit a bug on Github or tell me here, and I'll look into it.

Hope this helps

Best regards
Daniel

PS. The user->ID fix has been submitted to Github as a pull request and I've accepted it, not built a new version of the plugin yet though. DS.
https://github.com/kalaspuffar/wordpress-sqrl-login/pull/38

Reactions: Vela Nanashi

bertwin

Jul 1, 2019
I have the same issue. Wordpress is installed under domain.com/folder and the Windows SQRL client gives me the same error as shown in the first post above.

Note, that when the Windows SQRL client asks for my password it displays just "domain.com" without the folder where Wordpress is actually hosted.. maybe that causes a problem?

Also in my Wordpress user profile under SQRL settings it just shows the "Associate with account" link but no QR-code.

I have the same issue. Wordpress is installed under domain.com/folder and the Windows SQRL client gives me the same error as shown in the first post above.

Note, that when the Windows SQRL client asks for my password it displays just "domain.com" without the folder where Wordpress is actually hosted.. maybe that causes a problem?

Also in my Wordpress user profile under SQRL settings it just shows the "Associate with account" link but no QR-code.
@bertwin does your SQRL link URL have an "x" param if it does then you might be suffering from this issue I noted on the Windows Client https://sqrl.grc.com/threads/cps-on-multi-segment-paths.932/
Try increasing the "x" param value for very "/" in your URL I don't know if it is this as I don't use the wordpress plugin but thought it might help

bertwin

Jul 1, 2019
Try increasing the "x" param value for very "/" in your URL I don't know if it is this as I don't use the wordpress plugin but thought it might help
Thanks for the reply, but I couldn't get it to work.

The sqrl:// link has an x value of 5, which I can edit with Chrome's devtools and then click. I tried all values from 0 through 20 but still no luck.

The domain has 7 letters, a dot, 2 letters, a slash, and 4 letters for the foldername. I have no idea where the initial value of x (5) comes from anyway.

Still I find it very weird that the Windows SQRL client says I'm authenticating to domain.com while I want to authenticate to domain.com/folder ..

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @bertwin

The windows client will not show you the path. And the path works fine on my test site so there must be another reason for not working. Have you checked the logs in you see any issues? Do you receive any console javascript errors in the browser?

Best regards
Daniel

Thanks for the reply, but I couldn't get it to work.

The sqrl:// link has an x value of 5, which I can edit with Chrome's devtools and then click. I tried all values from 0 through 20 but still no luck.

The domain has 7 letters, a dot, 2 letters, a slash, and 4 letters for the foldername. I have no idea where the initial value of x (5) comes from anyway.

Still I find it very weird that the Windows SQRL client says I'm authenticating to domain.com while I want to authenticate to domain.com/folder ..
Ok well sorry that didn't help to clarify the "x" query param is 5 as you have a folder of 4 letter and it needs to include the / after the domain.
The windows client only ever shows the domain even when authenticating a folder.
Not sure what your issue is you'll have to give @kalaspuffar some more information and time to catch up on this.

bertwin

Jul 1, 2019
@TechLiam I get what x is supposed to represent now, and thanks for trying to help anyway.

Hi @kalaspuffar, I turned on logging and saw that function sodium_crypto_sign_verify_detached() was undefined. That function only exists in PHP 7.2 and up, while I was running 7.1 (BTW your plugin page at wordpress.org says "PHP Version: 7.0 or higher"). I changed my PHP version to 7.3 and that got rid of this error.

Now I have a different error message from the SQRL client ... see attached picture, and here's what the log says:
Code:
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: pids in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 600
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: urs in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 604
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: noiptest in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 708
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: pidk in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 746
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 1145
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: pidk in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 999
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 1145
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: sqrlonly in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 986
[12-Oct-2019 20:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: hardlock in *edited*/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php on line 987
The console log stays quiet while trying to login, but shows an error when going to my own profile page where it shows the SQRL settings to associate my account. I attached a picture of that situation too.

I hope this is obvious to you because I'm in the dark here.

Attachments

Reactions: TechLiam

bertwin

Jul 1, 2019
@kalaspuffar, I saw you mentioning in another thread that "Anyone can register" needs to be enabled. After enabling that it worked :)

I want to add that I could only associate my account with my SQRL ID after I enabled this. And, the
Code:
Cannot read property 'M' of undefined at reload.js?ver=5.2.3:28"
error is still there in the browser's console log.

But now I have associated my account and I can login with SQRL. Great! Thanks for all the great work!

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
This is interesting because I get this exact same error message but ONLY using Steve's Windows client under Wine on my Mac.

Getting Steve's SQRL client to run under Wine has been very hit and miss. Sometimes it just stops working and it seems that hitting "do not instal" is absolutely essential. Nevertheless it DOES work for logging in HERE at the forum but not on my own blog.

I can log in with SQRL using the Brave/Chrome extension and the iPhone app. Both of these are working perfectly.

This is the login for my blog, would be great if anyone else can test this.

Yes my blog is in a subdir:

but as I say this is working with other clients.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
@Steve this might be something we need to understand better. This problem only seems to occur with your reference client, it doesn't affect the iphone app or the Chrome/Brave browser extension. I'm always a bit nervous when different implementations have different behaviours like this.

@Steve this might be something we need to understand better. This problem only seems to occur with your reference client, it doesn't affect the iphone app or the Chrome/Brave browser extension. I'm always a bit nervous when different implementations have different behaviours like this.
I have tested your site (last week) with the w/o does client and got no errors not sure what that tells us I'll test again when I get into the office

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I have tested your site (last week) with the w/o does client and got no errors not sure what that tells us I'll test again when I get into the office
OK so perhaps this is a feature/bug with Wine on the Mac... I'm wondering exactly how the networking works in that setup and whether that messes something up.

If I can throw either of my kids off Fortnite on their Lenovos for long enough I'll try to play with a real Windows machine.

OK so perhaps this is a feature/bug with Wine on the Mac... I'm wondering exactly how the networking works in that setup and whether that messes something up.

If I can throw either of my kids off Fortnite on their Lenovos for long enough I'll try to play with a real Windows machine.
Good luck with that but worse news for you right now your datbase is not connecting