Won't import QR code from Steves Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
I know this will get deleted before launch, but let's play!

So I tried importing a QR code from Steves client into the Android app but it never sticks. Once I take a picture of the displayed QR code it showed me "import Identity" with a back arrow. If I click the back arrow I get all the options of the current identity, but if I exit and open it back up it's not there and all I'm greeted with is "Create Identity" and "Scan identity QR Code". The program also doesn't know how to handle an SQRL identity QR code scanned with the "Use identity" section, it just crashes. I tried it on two different phones.

Oh my gosh, this forum is sooooooooooooo much nicer than using the newsgroups.

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
All I get is the gibberish and a forgot password button. I do not get an option to enter a new password, nor to import

PHolder

May 19, 2018
All I get is the gibberish and a forgot password button. I do not get an option to enter a new password, nor to import
I've not used the client, but if it has a forgot password button, this would imply to me that you already have that identity imported? (How else could you have a password you might have forgotten that would be associated with it?

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
I've not used the client, but if it has a forgot password button, this would imply to me that you already have that identity imported? (How else could you have a password you might have forgotten that would be associated with it?
Correct, one would think so. But opening up the app greets you with the new setup wizard. I had created an account using the app first but somehow forgot the password so I started over creating the new account on steve client and removing the old account from the Android client.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
I know this will get deleted before launch, but let's play!

So I tried importing a QR code from Steves client into the Android app but it never sticks. Once I take a picture of the displayed QR code it showed me "import Identity" with a back arrow. If I click the back arrow I get all the options of the current identity, but if I exit and open it back up it's not there and all I'm greeted with is "Create Identity" and "Scan identity QR Code". The program also doesn't know how to handle an SQRL identity QR code scanned with the "Use identity" section, it just crashes. I tried it on two different phones.

Oh my gosh, this forum is sooooooooooooo much nicer than using the newsgroups.
Hi WarWaGon.

Thank you for testing the app.

You are right. If you scan an identity and then abort the operation by pressing the back key the identity will not be imported. Returning you to the advanced settings screen is, of course, wrong and that something I've mitigated in the last version I'm working on.

The identity doesn't stick because you haven't imported it yet. If you look at the screens I've provided you see how the GUI should look. If you get any other screens then please do a screenshot so I can see what you see. Android has so many device setups so I might have designed it in a way that doesn't work on your device.

Scanning the "wrong" QR code should give you a toast telling you that the code is invalid not crash the application. That was fixed in the last release so that is unfortunate.

To speed up the debugging process please add some screenshots, version number, device type and Android version.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards
Daniel

Attachments

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
Hi WarWaGon.

Thank you for testing the app.

Best regards
Daniel
Thank you for the follow-up. Here is a screenshot of what I get on my Android phone. I scanned in my old identity off my laptop, not using this identity anymore.

Galaxy S7 SM G930V
Android 7.0
Android Security Patch Level April 1, 2018
SQRL 0.7.1

Galaxy S3 SCH-I535
Android 7.1.1 (Lineage OS)
SQRL 0.7.1

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi.

Thanks for the report. Seems like an ID in the constraint layout has failed somewhere.
I'll look into it and hopefully fix it until the next release.

Thanks for your time.

Daniel

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Daniel...
I am SO GLAD you're here, and that we have this place for you.
This is really going to be great!! Thanks for all your work! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.