Where to download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josecgomez

Aug 6, 2018
Where's is the link to Steve's Client? I've looked through the newsgroup too it used to be in his signature line but no longer.

dolszews89

Feb 7, 2019
I don't know, it was kind of fun poking around the GRC directories looking for it. Brought me back to my youth and Easter Egg hunting!

Dashrender

Feb 8, 2019
@Steve , The fact that this question was asked suggests that, perhaps, we need to have something up front, in your face, too conspicuous to miss. Like, right after the ellipses here.
I agree - I was forced to make a username/password logon because I couldn't quickly and easily find this information - until now with this thread.

Dashrender

Feb 8, 2019
Now I'm looking for a link to the iPhone installer? And the Firefox/Chrome installers.

All the pages linked from GRC.com seem dead. Heck - all the linked projects on github are from 2013 and don't seem to have any activity at all.

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
All the pages linked from GRC.com seem dead. Heck - all the linked projects on github are from 2013 and don't seem to have any activity at all.
There was a lot of early excitement and activity but, there was a looooong period where nothing was final and I think some folks got tired of trying to keep up with a moving target and decided to just wait until it was all firmed up. Over the years, some of those folks may have lost interest, faith, or bandwidth.

Reactions: dolszews89

Happenstrance

Mar 31, 2019
@Steve , The fact that this question was asked suggests that, perhaps, we need to have something up front, in your face, too conspicuous to miss. Like, right after the ellipses here.
Indeed. After downloading SQRL and running it in "No Install" mode from my downloads folder, I forgot where I downloaded it from which was a problem when it notified me that I needed the new version. In "No Install" mode it doesn't self-update, but the notification also doesn't tell the user where to download the latest sqrl.exe from! From that perspective it becomes a very annoying repetitive/unsolvable notification unless you specifically google "sqrl.exe" or find this thread.

alt3rn1ty

Feb 2, 2019
Indeed. After downloading SQRL and running it in "No Install" mode from my downloads folder, I forgot where I downloaded it from which was a problem when it notified me that I needed the new version. In "No Install" mode it doesn't self-update, but the notification also doesn't tell the user where to download the latest sqrl.exe from! From that perspective it becomes a very annoying repetitive/unsolvable notification unless you specifically google "sqrl.exe" or find this thread.
Even though Steve's SQRL Client is not at v1.0 yet, all the downloads are linked in one of the top of the forum topics ..

Getting Started With SQRL

.. Those 'SQRL Essentials' topics are placed so they are the first thing that hits a new user. A lot has happened since Dave made the post you quoted.

The downloads were not linked when this topic was made, because Steve was not happy to generally let the public know about this forum and the SQRL.exe, until the forum development progressed a little more, and SQRL was at release stage. Its still not really been officially released to the masses, as its a Release Candidate at the moment, but the more that find it to test the better I guess. Steve is on the verge of making v1.0 now, so those first topics should be made more use of hopefully, and not skipped by people too eager to download and ignore / throw the instructions in the bin like a flatpack from Ikea :)

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
Maybe they are saying that when update/installation can't happen (failure or not allowed to install) it should link the user to the page where one can find SQRL.exe for manual download/update? But I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.