We're at Release #68 (release candidate 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Dear WINE-o's: Thanks very much for your confirmation that the newly introduced troubles with WINE are resolved. A feature of the kernel's built-in decompression code, as implemented by WINE, was not implemented. I didn't need to use it, I was just performing some sanity checking. We're good to go. :)

MarkH

Feb 18, 2019
Manchester, UK
Hi Steve,

I'd like to draw your attention to a small bug in functionality with the Rename functionality. (ver. 0.0.7058.68 aka release 68).

As it stands after entering a new name and clickiing Rename the .sqrl file is changed on disk (in the user's Documents\sqrl folder) but the header / title bar of the SQRL app doesn't alter to show the new name until after you click Close on that sub-menu. Naturally this small lack of feedback to the end-user prompts most people to click Rename again which then shows them the slightly alarming error: "This identity already exists in this computer. Plesae choose another name for this identity."

I can't wait to get using it on a couple of forums I'm working on (but I need to see where that code is upto as well for server-side implementation, is the API complete now?) The forum in question is PHP based). Thanks for an incredible product! I'll try to test more thoroughly in our enterprise environment with authenticating proxies too if that helps?

dcmargo54

Apr 19, 2019
Everyone...

It appears that our auto-update system is stable once again.
Update never succeeds on my PC. If I install any new version after uninstalling the old, I have no problem. Can't figure out what's interfering with the updates.

Attachments

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Sorry for the frustration and confusion. This is the expected behavior. If you look way up this thread you'll see the discussion. The older releases do not know about the certificate used to sign the newer releases. They assume it's fraudulent. So they will not allow it to be auto-installed into your machine. :)

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
I'd like to draw your attention to a small bug in functionality with the Rename functionality. (ver. 0.0.7058.68 aka release 68).
I'm totally mystified. I've been trying to recreate what you describe... and I'm not seeing it. Immediately upon closing the dialog I'm seeing the renamed identity in the title bar. ???? :(

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
@MarkH -- Figured it out. The key was to only have a single identity... which IS, of course, the default case for SQRL users. Anyway, I fixed the behavior by closing the rename dialog upon renaming, which was the better behavior all along. :) Thanks for the great observation!

Reactions: MarkH

tibitts

Apr 28, 2019
Dear WINE-o's: Thanks very much for your confirmation that the newly introduced troubles with WINE are resolved. A feature of the kernel's built-in decompression code, as implemented by WINE, was not implemented. I didn't need to use it, I was just performing some sanity checking. We're good to go. :)
Just as a side note, when attempting to download sqrl-for-WINE.exe on a Win10 system, the download gets blocked by Windows Defender.

Last edited:

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Right. I produced that EXE for WINE users who do not have Authenticode. I signed it with a different new (non-EV) certificate that Windows Defender has not seen very much. :) Thanks for the heads-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.