Version 0.0.40 is available for Firefox and Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

kheops74

Feb 15, 2019
Nice work. Any plan to do it for Safari too?

Nice work around until a real macOS app appear.

shanedk

May 20, 2018
I like it so far. My only suggestion is really what you already know: it needs to be feature-complete. I'm also concerned because you've said before that it's storing the identity unencrypted; I hope this is something that can change in the near future.

kheops74

Feb 15, 2019
If the identity is unencrypted, is the password is unencrypted too when the checkbox is checked?

I like it so far. My only suggestion is really what you already know: it needs to be feature-complete. I'm also concerned because you've said before that it's storing the identity unencrypted; I hope this is something that can change in the near future.

Jaap

May 20, 2018
@kheops74 it's not impossible to port it to Safari but iirc the background script needs to be rewritten in Swift (or Obj-C) which is a major pain.

@shanedk don't hold your breath for feature-completeness. I keep a list of features and their status on https://github.com/Jaaap/SQRL/ and as you can see there are a lot of features still to be implemented. Some more obscure than others.
I believe the core functionality is there at the moment. I might put up a poll or something to see which features people want the most.

@shanedk & @kheops74 if the "Remember password" checkbox is checked, the "enscrypted password" (which is the effective password used for keeping the IMK and ILK safe) is kept in-memory. There is no way around this.
If the "Remember password" checkbox is unchecked, the password has to be supplied each time you use SQRL on a website and the password is then enscrypted each time which is used to decrypt the IMK or ILK each time.

RayG

May 20, 2018
UK
Hi Jaap

Running V0.0.40 and when I come to these forums and use SQRL to log in, I see the "Auth" over the SQRL icon in the toolbar but on the first click all I see is a blank white box, on the second click I see the blue password input dialogue.

The import from the SQRL file worked just fine, but at the moment you allow the import to complete without the user entering a password. Should the password entry be mandatory?

Jaap

May 20, 2018
Ah yes the blank white box is a known problem. Appears to be some sort of Firefox render glitch but i haven't dug into it yet.
The password will become mandatory, thanks for reminding me.

Thulium

Jun 12, 2019
Just chiming in, the only thing actually missing is the markup for the authentication dialog. When you click where the password box should be, you can see a cursor and actually type your password. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.