v 0.0.53 uploaded to Mozilla, please test rekeyed identities (rekeyed by other SQRL clients)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaap

May 20, 2018
A new version has been uploaded to Mozilla only, if you can, please test rekeyed identities with this version.
You cannot rekey your identity in this version, but you can import it if you rekeyed it in another client.

Once set this cannot be

Jun 27, 2019
I notice in Steve's GRC SQRL app that for identity backup/export, there exists an option to
"Allow backup decryption with either the password or the rescue code for more convenience but somewhat reduced security."

As a test to attempt to import an ID without the rescue code, I exported the ID from the GRC SQRL app and attempted to import it into the FireFox extension, but the FF ext will not allow an import WITHOUT the rescue code filled-in.

Maybe I misunderstand the text in the GRC app, but it appears to me that it could allow import of said exported ID WITHOUT requiring the rescue code. If that is the case, might there be changes made to the FF extension to allow such a use case?

Doing so could reduce the tech support burden for those who have misplaced or lost their rescue code while allowing them to continue to use their ID.

I was hoping that the new version just pushed out would allow this, but the behaviour is the same as the previous version.

Jaap

May 20, 2018
uninstalled & reinstalled new version. now I get error ERRPFS--2 & ERRFE000
Thank you for testing.
ERFE000 is an interesting one, it means it cannot fetch a request from the SQRL server, probably because it built the wrong URL.
Which SQRL server were you authenticating to?
Does it work if you erase your identity and re-import it (requires rescue code)?

Jaap

May 20, 2018
I was hoping that the new version just pushed out would allow this, but the behaviour is the same as the previous version.
This is true, the WebApplication does not support this yet.
As i stated elsewhere on this forum, my biggest fear is that people lose their Rescue Code.

Status
Not open for further replies.