Using Windows Hello/Fingerprint Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

_stevesimpson

Mar 5, 2019
Any chance for integration with windows hello (facial recognition) or finger print scanners that are in windows? My laptop comes with both and I've seen some apps use them. Would be cool to unlock SQRL with either of these two features. I dont think this needs to be in version 1.0 but if possible it would be a neat addition.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
windows hello
I agree that Windows Hello integration will become a necessity, or else SQRL will stand out as odd without it. The WebAuthn standard, as implemented by Firefox, uses the Windows Hello infrastructure for its FIDO support. Since SQRL aims to be better than FIDO, I think it too will eventually be pulled in that direction.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Any chance for integration with windows hello (facial recognition) or finger print scanners that are in windows? My laptop comes with both and I've seen some apps use them. Would be cool to unlock SQRL with either of these two features. I dont think this needs to be in version 1.0 but if possible it would be a neat addition.
I agree with PaulH, Steve... Let's not delay the readiness of GR's SQRL app for Windows, but at some point, when i'm waiting for feedback on a pre-release of SpinRite, I'll dip back in and add that! :) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.