URL for SQRL promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
So I was thinking about the shirts and a URL to send people to. grc.com/sqrl seems too complicated for the average person and sqrl.grc.com is great but not a great page to land on for instant info about sqrl. I think we need a landing page which quickly explains what SQRL is. Then it also links to the sqrl forums. I was thinking about different URL's and all the good ones are taken.

SQRL.com
simplysecure.com
simplesecurity.com

but there was one I found that is available for $12.99

www.identity4life.com
www.ShowMeSQRL.com

which could then redirect to a GRC page about SQRL. Who knows, that could also be confusing as it has nothing about sqrl in the URL.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

Nov 8, 2018
We need a page that has a comparison list of features comparing SQRL to other login/ID solution. Maybe something with green check marks and red X's something simple that any ordinary person can understand, not just "tech savvy".

• Love
Reactions: warwagon
G

Gristle

Adding a domain that is harder to remember than SQRL.com is a bit silly, when google and DuckDuckGo already return links to grc for the query "SQRL"

It would be like having the domain "Iwantataxialternative.com" instead of Lyft.com. No one will remember that, and you don't want them to forget the brand, which is SQRL.

As much as I like "simple security" and "simply secure" as slogans, they're too vague to be product brands. There are myriad products that label themselves with these words. Just do a google search and you'll see what I mean. Wouldn't you rather have people just remember "SQRL?" It's relatively unique and easily associated to an animal. The icon is, erm, iconic and recognizable, so that's what people should associate to.

Another thing to think about are the app stores. If someone wants to learn about SQRL, I would hope they could search in their respective App Store to find it. Again, having the iconic logo makes a huge difference here. Unfortunately as I pointed out on another thread, the SQRL app name is already in use on the iOS App Store, which is a shame because it was available from 2013-2018, but was taken last April for a small savings account company.

Re: comparison chart, I think that's a great idea. I would start with SQRL vs FIDO. Any volunteers?

G

Gristle

And now to play my own devil's advocate, these are all available for $13-30.

thesqrl.com
sq-rl.com
sqrl.click
sqrl.software
sqrl.link
sqrl.help
sqrl.guide
sqrl.fan
sqrl.how
sqrl.pizza

And my personal favorite
sqrl.wtf

Also for $2,600 you can get fido.sucks :ROFLMAO:

PHolder

May 19, 2018
Adding a domain that is harder to remember than SQRL.com is a bit silly
You can't rely on SEO if you want people to get a clear message. Having a good URL that you definitively control is the best idea, IMHO.

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
Adding a domain that is harder to remember than SQRL.com is a bit silly, when google and DuckDuckGo already return links to grc for the query "SQRL"

It would be like having the domain "Iwantataxialternative.com" instead of Lyft.com. No one will remember that, and you don't want them to forget the brand, which is SQRL.
Which is why I think ShowMeSQRL.com is a wonderful idea. It has SQRL in the URL and it's obvious if you go there it will show them SQRL

Status
Not open for further replies.