Updating Docs/Links to be more user friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Cawley

Jun 20, 2019
A minor adjustment / tweak I think may be beneficial, on this page: https://sqrl.grc.com/pages/getting_started_with_sqrl/

Regarding this item:
  • SQRL browser extension for Firefox and Chrome by Jaap (At Github)
I would suggest it would be more suitable and user friendly to provide not a GitHub link to code but instead a link to the actual Chrome Extension which is more useful to actual end-users who are trying to get started.

I'm loving SQRL as a brand new user and I'm thankful for everything you're doing, you're doing a great job all! I will be spreading SQRL widely to the best of my ability.

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
I agree that links to where end users can get the various things is better if possible yes :) Though keeping the github link in place for those who want to figure out more details and even poke around in the code would be nice :)

PHolder

May 19, 2018
suitable and user friendly to provide not a GitHub link to code
Did you actually follow the link???

If you do, scroll down a bit and see the docs and links you want. This makes perfect sense to me as a way to link to it... and it also provides one with the ability to report bugs if they encounter any and are properly motivated.

Ashley Cawley

Jun 20, 2019
Did you actually follow the link???
Yes I did.

If you do, scroll down a bit and see the docs and links you want.
I know that, I'm just saying actual normal end-users (not incredibly tech savvy) could probably do with a more direct link to an actual usable Extension for their Web Browser. If a non tech-savvy average person was to click that Github link, they would be confronted with numerous pages worth of javascript, json, html & md files, they wouldn't have a clue what they were looking at and would run a mile, you would be lucky if they bothered to scroll to the bottom to get a human-readable read-me.

This makes perfect sense to me...
It may do, but I'm not thinking about you or myself for that matter but rather the average real-world users we one day hope to obtain, no doubt small improvements in accessibility and ease of use will help toward that.

Such great effort and work has been put into this community thus far, it is really taking shape and looking great!

Status
Not open for further replies.