Update to #72, working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gristle

I'm no longer contributing to this community because the moderator (PHolder) is too closed minded to allow differing options to be expressed freely on this forum. I've been harassed too many times by this little person and he's made it clear I'm not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Mine too. I love how seamless it is. It's a bit annoying that it pops up right in the center of the screen, but considering how fast and painless the upgrade process is, it was worth the annoyance and I actually appreciate knowing that SQRL will keep itself updated.
And... as SpinRite owners know, I'm definitely =not= in the habit of pushing out unnecessary releases. In fact, they would argue that I'm not in the habit of pushing out necessary releases! <g>

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
I can't WAIT for us to be able to turn our attention to that! I was going to mention on today's podcast that I've been understating the next releases performance. As density increases, the arial density increases, which increases the native data rate. SpinRite v6.1 will be able to run at the full native data rate of any directly attached (AHCI) drive. It will be able to perform a Level2 read & recover scan of a 2TB drive in 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.