Switch back to browser is now possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabolic

Oct 18, 2019
Jeff,

the SQRL app can automatically hand back off to the browser.

google's Smart Lock app does exactly this and it works very well. You should look into that. It's feature request #7 on your list and your note says it's impossible. It isn't.

Reactions: bpads

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Jeff,

the SQRL app can automatically hand back off to the browser.

google's Smart Lock app does exactly this and it works very well. You should look into that. It's feature request #7 on your list and your note says it's impossible. It isn't.
I agree it certainly gives a good user experience.

I don't think I said it was impossible :D Just that it was not possible to target a specific tab in a specific mobile browser. It seems that no one cares about opening a tab for every URL these days anyway. That certainly seems to be how Smart Lock is working. The tab that started the auth does not get control back, another tab is launched with the logged-on session.

I will certainly have a look at how smartlock is detecting which browser the auth request came from.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Every now and then I notice there are 200 open so I close them all!
I don't think it really matters. Certainly in iOS/Safari inactive tabs are just a stack of screenshots and the required metadata that is used to reload the page when the tab becomes active.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I don't think it really matters. Certainly in iOS/Safari inactive tabs are just a stack of screenshots and the required metadata that is used to reload the page when the tab becomes active.
I had pretty much figured that out but the OCD kicks in and.... there is a shortcut in case people don't know. Press and hold the tab switch at the bottom and you get the option to close all tabs.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
I wonder how long it will be before this becomes the norm on the desktop too?

Many users never understood multitasking, tabs are just the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.