SQRL command not found ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesr0

Dec 4, 2019
HI,
I just reinstalled the Linux client, following rustleg's procedure. Everything went smoothly, BUT, when I try to run the sqrl command to use the demo,

$ sqrl sqrl://www.grc.com/sqrl?nut=IA0vIHu1bywuDnlQcZpSRQ
I get an error "bash: sqrl: command not found"

I repeated this, as root - same error.
I repeated this without the ":', same error.

Appreciate some insight as to why this isn't working for me, when apparently it has worked for others.

thanks.

stevesr0

stevesr0

Dec 4, 2019
Thanks for suggestion.

Same error message with "$ sqrl ./sqrl..." as without the ./

Where should the sqrl command file be located? I don't see one in my /src directories with this reinstall. Since it completed with showing any errors, I assumed everything must be there. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Obviously, if it is missing, the linux command line won't work.

If someone knows that (a) there is a specific "sqrl" command file and (b) where it is located, I would appreciate hearing from them. (I will also post this as a separate question on the forum.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
The first parameter on the command line is the command itself, with an optional path. On some flavours on Unix/Linux, the current directory, also known as "." (a simple period, without the quotes), is not in the default path. What Paul F was implying was that you need to provide a path to the sqrl executable, and thus specifying the relative path of "in this directory": ./sqrl Alternatively, you could try something like /home/steve/sqrl/sqrl if you had the sqrl executable in a sub-directory named sqrl in your home directory (assuming your home was /home/steve )

A less common trick, which can work from the command line but may not work in scripts, would be to go to the directory with sqrl installed, and do: `pwd`/sqrl

stevesr0

Dec 4, 2019
That is defiinitely what was wrong for the most part. When I provided a path to the directory that has the SQRL executable, it was executed.

However, I think it was blocked from completing successfully by prior tries resulting in old FIFO files.

The terminal text is:

"stevesr0@antix1:~/sqrl/src
$ /home/stevesr0/sqrl/src/sqrl sqrl://www.grc.com/sqrl?nut=1hix-pzkLsHla8Yysr1WQw
[2019/12/13 02:47:54 PM] : Found 2 arguments.
libsqrl 18.04.0007
[2019/12/13 02:47:54 PM] : Argument 1 is sqrl://www.grc.com/sqrl?nut=1hix-pzkLsHla8Yysr1WQw
LOG_ERROR: [2019/12/13 02:47:54 PM] : couldn't open FIFO at /tmp/sqrl.FIFO for write-only
libsqrl 18.04.0007
LOG_ERROR: [2019/12/13 02:47:54 PM] : failed to make fifo
FIFO: File exists
sqrl_user_create_from_file( /home/stevesr0/.sqrl/test.sqrl )"

as noted (in rustleg's procedures?) a text box popsup - but with the demo, I don't know what password to use.

Another issue is that following rustleg, I copied the /libsqrl and /sqrl directories that were created into a new directory as individual subdirectories. HOWEVER, the copied directories don't have all the files - and notably there is NO sqrl executable in the copied subdirectory. I thought that I performed the cp command with -r to copy all files and subdirectories, but??

So, at the moment I have the /libsqrl and /sqrl directories in their original locations under /home/stevesr0 with a full number of files and a second directory within which there are two subdirectories with less than all the files.

I plan to ignore the copied directories at this time and will focus on ?"clearing" the FIFO files that may be blocking successful execution of the command. IF THE text window PERSISTS in appearing ASKING FOR A PASSWORD, do I feed it the "nut" I copied from the demo OR does this represent a failure of the demo?

Thanks for your assistance so far (and hopefully in the future).

stevesr0

Sithmagic

Oct 12, 2019
focus on ?"clearing" the FIFO files that may be blocking successful execution
A FIFO file is "First In First Out" sequence file - which is otherwise called a NAMED PIPE. Think of this like a water/gas/oil pipe - you put stuff in one end and it comes out the other - it doesn't store stuff, only passes it on. If there is nothing at one end, then the pipe gets blocked (think of the kitchen sink when it gets blocked,) but in this case it's 1's and 0's can't go anywhere. Try "man fifo" or see http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/fifo.7.html for more info on FIFO "special" files.
FIFO: File exists
sqrl_user_create_from_file( /home/stevesr0/.sqrl/test.sqrl )"
Note that the path here has /home/stevesr0/.sqrl/test.sqrl and where you run the command from is
This may help if I put them above each other:
Code:
/home/stevesr0/.sqrl
/home/stevesr0/sqrl/src/sqrl
You have TWO directories .sqrl and sqrl - the latter has the source (src) directory in it. The first entry will only show if you view "hidden" files with "ls -a" command. This may help you find the items you thought you had lost.

With ls -al /tmp/sqrl.FIFO you will see that the character in the permissions for this file is not "d" (for directory) or "-" for a normal file.

Normally SQRL client is run with a "request" from the browser, that then waits for a response from localhost:22519 - that may be the other end of the pipe - if the other end of the pipe hasn't been connected, this may be the problem you are seeing. I could be wrong, but thought that may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.