Setting up SQRL

glasstream2000

Aug 26, 2021
Was briefly looking over SQRL and will dig deeper, but was wondering if there was any info, step by step, or a video on how to setup and implement the server side of SQRL to authenticate with websites that my users use that I have created. Mostly a Windows shop but do run some Linux servers as well. Looks great and secure, would love to implement it for me and my users!
Thanks for any info!

PHolder

May 19, 2018
Define implement? Are you looking to code something custom, or are you looking for a plug-in for existing infrastructure? If the latter, describe said infrastructure so that we could tell you if the necessary plug-in code exists or not.

More specifically about what exists:
- @Steve coded a proof of concept infrastructure based on IIS on Windows NT Server. I don't know that the source code is available for this.
- Steve handed off some of the proof of concept code to @Paul F who coded a Posix C server based on it. I am unaware of anyone using this for a live sever.
- There is a PHP plug-in for Xenforo, which is what is used here on this site.
- There is a PHP Wordpress plugin which some users have had some success with.

As far as I can remember, that's a pretty complete list.

Beyond that, there are docs, hosted on the SQRL links on the main GRC server, here: https://www.grc.com/sqrl/sqrl.htm

Last edited: