RescueCode Only ID not supported?

saguaro771

Mar 29, 2020
I'm confused whether this is a problem of my own making or an app issue. I created a SQRL ID to log in to this site, twit.community, and perhaps a *few* others. I somehow loaded that ID in the iOS app and had used it. After a long period of "SQRL inactivity," I wiped my iPhone to start over for unrelated reasons.

When Jeff released new iOS app versions, I thought "oh yeah" and tired top import my identity. I have printed backup of my iD, but only the QR code including the rescue code. I can't scan this into the new app instance. When I scan the code the app reports "Import of RescueCode Only ID Not yet supported."

Where did I go wrong?

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Y
I'm confused whether this is a problem of my own making or an app issue. I created a SQRL ID to log in to this site, twit.community, and perhaps a *few* others. I somehow loaded that ID in the iOS app and had used it. After a long period of "SQRL inactivity," I wiped my iPhone to start over for unrelated reasons.

When Jeff released new iOS app versions, I thought "oh yeah" and tired top import my identity. I have printed backup of my iD, but only the QR code including the rescue code. I can't scan this into the new app instance. When I scan the code the app reports "Import of RescueCode Only ID Not yet supported."

Where did I go wrong?
You didn’t go wrong. The import of rescue code protected identity QR backups is not yet implemented.

for now I would suggest using another client, either my old one or Steve’s for example to complete the import and then you could import into my new client from a new backup.