Release v1.1.0

• New SQRL for .Net Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to TechLiam's "SQRL for .Net" server-side middleware. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi gang.

After some nice vacation away from the keyboard, I now enjoy some vacation near the keyboard and have therefore spent some time improving the plugin.
Tomorrow I probably need to look into some strange Android bugs I found during testing but feel free to test the plugin and report any bugs or features you want to see in the future.

Change Log:

Improvements
* Use transient session for all login data.
* Handle case where user registration is not allowed

Bugfixes
* Javascript fixes to handle load issues.

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: ahauser

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I wonder if you know of an extension or some database instructions on how I could "clean up" my User table. I'd love to delete user sign ups that haven't posted a comment (ever). Right now I'm getting a few sign ups without SQRL and those accounts never manage to post a comment and I assume they're spammy.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @brianoflondon

I know as much as you on this front. Maybe you could search for it in the plugin archives.

Perhaps I should add some feature to the plugin to allow new registrations from only SQRL users. Seems a bit niche, but if we can find a reason for the feature, it can be done.

Best regards
Daniel

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I've put a recaptcha purely on the Registration form (not the log in). I'll see if this cuts down on the new registrations which don't then do anything.

Alan M Cameron

Feb 7, 2019
alancameron.net
Question: Why is it so important to you to reject users who then do not post. The fact that they have viewed the content and found nothing to comment on should be of more interest. After all you are getting activity on the site.

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
Question: Why is it so important to you to reject users who then do not post. The fact that they have viewed the content and found nothing to comment on should be of more interest. After all you are getting activity on the site.
Given that he said:
I've put a recaptcha purely on the Registration form
I am assuming his concern is that they are BOT accounts.

Once set this cannot be

Jun 27, 2019
@kalaspuffar : Thanks for including the text that appears when account creation was not successful.

I understand that as a plugin creator you can't always predict a given implementation's peculiarities, and I don't expect you to code for every possibility. That said, to increase traction for SQRL, would it not be possible to include a space in the SQRL settings to have the admin enter that particular message to display in such a case? Sure, any DECENT admin/coder/WP host should be able to find it in their particular install and be able to change the message, but, making it easier for each site to do as they please with such messages could again increase uptake of SQRL. But maybe I am just plain crazy for wanting it to be made easier.

Regardless, I am grateful for all the hard work being done here and am pleased to see the number of WP SQRL Login plugin installs increasing.

Reactions: kalaspuffar

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
@kalaspuffar : Thanks for including the text that appears when account creation was not successful.

I understand that as a plugin creator you can't always predict a given implementation's peculiarities, and I don't expect you to code for every possibility. That said, to increase traction for SQRL, would it not be possible to include a space in the SQRL settings to have the admin enter that particular message to display in such a case? Sure, any DECENT admin/coder/WP host should be able to find it in their particular install and be able to change the message, but, making it easier for each site to do as they please with such messages could again increase uptake of SQRL. But maybe I am just plain crazy for wanting it to be made easier.

Regardless, I am grateful for all the hard work being done here and am pleased to see the number of WP SQRL Login plugin installs increasing.
Hi @Once set this cannot be

The idea is not bad. The good part with the current implementation is that the texts presented in the plugin can be translated by the community. A custom text will not have that feature per default.

Maybe we can improve the general text or perhaps you could give me some use cases for this feature so I can assess the best solution.

Best regards
Daniel