Release v0.8.0

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi gang.

Again thank you all for testing the plugin and finding issues that I need to resolve.

In this release I got some of your suggestions realized.

Features
* Redirect URL setting
* Handle options hardlock and sqrlonly.

Improvements
* Better session handling

Bugfixes
* Added line-break after the last line.

Best regards
Daniel

Once set this cannot be

Jun 27, 2019
Appears to be working. I was about to question what change was made to the URL Redirect setting, since I saw nothing different on the iinfo listed in the plugin placeholder in the main wp-admin window. It looked like there was no change.

THEN, I looked down a bit and when I expanded the settings menu, I saw SQRL Login and once that was clicked, saw the spot to manually enter a URL to return to user upon successful login. PERFECT.

MISSION CREEP: Is it possible to also redirect to a separate page upon UNSUCCESSFUL login? Might help to allow a page with some hand-holding and self-diagnosis prior to new users asking for admin help.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
Errr just got home from a night out, my blog is down with unable to connect to the user database. Rather dumbly I may have had the auto-plugin-update thing turned on. Could this be connected?

I'm going to bed, can't really sort this out now.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I can't even log in to PHPMyAdmin from the cpanel. The username and password are rejected.
edited... wrong error message, this is the right one:

mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Undefined index: auth_type

Last edited:

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I'm still on version 0.7.0 but it says 1.0.2 is waiting. I'm not going to install that now.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @brianoflondon

No, don't install that one now. I have it on all my sites. But if you are going to bed then wait with it.

As it is a major release. I've copied all the database values we talked about changing. So you should have both the old and new name when done. This is done when upgrading but if you want to sleep on it do it when you have time.

Best regards
Daniel

Once set this cannot be

Jun 27, 2019
Updated to 1.0.2 got this message:
The SQRL client sent a request to the server that it couldn't handle. (Or something to that effect.)

When using SQRL client on desktop and trying to login by clicking on button of webpage on same desktop client, SQRL throws a "Possible Login Attack Detected" error box.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
It's all broken... this is annoying. Can you leave instructions here and I'll try to fix tomorrow morning.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Once set this cannot be and @brianoflondon

Look in the wp_metadata table. Do you have two sets of values?

You should have both sqrl_idk and idk as meta_key.
You should have both sqrl_suk and suk as meta_key.
You should have both sqrl_vuk and vuk as meta_key.

If you don't have both these or have a set of both you can change the fields by using these commands:

UPDATE wp_usermeta SET meta_key = 'sqrl_idk' WHERE meta_key = 'idk';
UPDATE wp_usermeta SET meta_key = 'sqrl_suk' WHERE meta_key = 'suk';
UPDATE wp_usermeta SET meta_key = 'sqrl_vuk' WHERE meta_key = 'vuk';

This will rename the values from the old to the new name.

Best regards
Daniel

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
And now I can't log in to the back end. I'm going to bed, really hope we can sort this tomorrow.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
#145 - Table './bol_wp/wp_usermeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

That's from phpMyAdmin. I'm really going to bed, hopefully this can be recovered... I do have backups but.....

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
The strange part is that of the 4 servers I host the plugin on this feature works on 2 of 4. So I updated these first and that worked. I pushed the update and the other two did not work ... SOO ANNOYING!