Rekey Failed

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

R2D2

Feb 18, 2019
Tested logging in to this forum site following a Rekey. The login failed with 'Oops, we ran into some problems..'
Noting here in case anyone wants to take a look at it.
My original user name was Patch. (Had no problems originally, just wanted to test the rekey function)
Using the Android client.

Thanks

Reactions: kalaspuffar

Eichhörnchen

Jun 12, 2019
Hi!
I would also like to test the identity-rekey function but I could not find it anywhere in the App.
I would be happy if someone could help where to find the function.
Thanks!

Reactions: kalaspuffar

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Tested logging in to this forum site following a Rekey. The login failed with 'Oops, we ran into some problems..'
Noting here in case anyone wants to take a look at it.
My original user name was Patch. (Had no problems originally, just wanted to test the rekey function)
Using the Android client.

Thanks
Have this issue been resolved? I thought it was something with the early implementation of the site API.

Best regards
Daniel

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi!
I would also like to test the identity-rekey function but I could not find it anywhere in the App.
I would be happy if someone could help where to find the function.
Thanks!
Hi @Eichhörnchen

This feature have been put a bit down in the interface as you should not be required to do this often.

Under identity management -> settings wheel -> password options -> rekey

Best regards
Daniel

Reactions: Eichhörnchen

PHolder

May 19, 2018
Have this issue been resolved? I thought it was something with the early implementation of the site API.
@Steve:

Tagging you on this, because it may not have been well tested and if this doesn't work, it would end up becoming a pretty big deal.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
@Steve: Tagging you on this, because it may not have been well tested and if this doesn't work, it would end up becoming a pretty big deal.
Thanks, Paul. Rekeying is, arguably, a bit tricky for SQRL clients to get everything right. Many moving parts. But it's not tricky conceptually. Just need to get everything right. I'm certain that as long as Daniel and the other Android devs know there's a problem they'll get it resolved. :) Thanks again.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
as long as Daniel and the other Android devs know there's a problem they'll get it resolved. :) Thanks again
Do we know it's a client problem and not a problem with the Xenforo plugin or the server API? You're in the best position to test? (With access to logs, etc.)

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Since the SSP API entirely encapsulates all SQRL-side stuff, it's entirely in the SSP API. So it could not be anything related to the XenForo plug-in. And re-keying functions under the SSP API have been extensively tested on the sqrl.grc.com/demo and /msa sites where the SSP API was born. So, while none of that is conclusive, it strongly suggests that these forums would be correctly handling a rekeyed identity.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Steve and @PHolder

The reason I asked @R2D2 if it was resolved was because the forum answered with the error message 'Oops, we ran into some problems..' in February.

Not an error message the client ever had and a rekey event is pretty much just creating another key which is sent a previous key. This has also been extensively tested.

So just wanted to close this issue :)

Best regards
Daniel

test123456

Jul 9, 2019
Hi Daniel!

I am Eichhörnchen :) I tested the rekeying. It does not rekey the old identity, it creates a new identity and this new identity does not work. When I login with the new identity then the browser shows a status code 404 with the message "oops, we ran into some problems".

Also whether the old nor the new rescue code works for the old identity.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @Eichhörnchen, @test123456 and everyone else in this thread.

Thank you for your time and testing.

How did this ever work? Found the problem and working on a fix. If I identify an account I will not provide suk or vuk to the server.

This is wrong if you change from a previous key because then the suk and vuk will change as well.

Best regards
Daniel