Question: will the iOS app be posted to Apple AppStore (not testflight)?

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

Shawn Clancey

Apr 2, 2019
Hi, just wondering if this will be posted to the App Store and out of the TestFlight ?

Thanks everyone and great work to all.

Shawn Clancey

Apr 2, 2019
Not sure if I actually got an answer to my question...when will this client make it to an official app release in the App store ?

alexT

May 22, 2018
mauritius island
www.solero.mu
Not sure if I actually got an answer to my question...when will this client make it to an official app release in the App store ?
I'm sure it will eventually be released in the store (and, for one, I'm ready to pay for it).

You have to realize the SQRL is not formally documented yet - anything that works around it is reverse engineered from discussions here and in the newsgroup as well as from code that Steve is sometimes making available. I'm amazed that things work as well as they (apparently) do. I wanted to write some server code for Xojo (ex REALbasic) but honestly I don't have the patience (and resources) to spend on digging all around to simply know how things should work...

Reactions: Jeffa

Shawn Clancey

Apr 2, 2019
it is not a problem. I was just curious if there was a timeline around it. I am curious to try it but I just would like it to be an official app first. I know everyone is working hard and are very busy. Like I said, I was just curious. Thanks everyone

Gristle

Feb 16, 2019
No longer contributing to this forum due to harassment from PHolder.

Last edited:

AmyH

Jun 21, 2019
The real question is, what happens to the industry once iOS 13 ships and Apple starts requiring apps to use Login with AppleID or face rejection from the App Store? And furthermore, will a SQRL client fall into that category? If Apple doesn't allow the app in the store, it's a good as dead.

(Technically I think it's only required to offer Login with AppleID if you are offering any form of login with Facebook, google, etc, but I don't know the specific rules yet).
The requirement only applies to apps that offer third-party sign-in options, so SQRL clients are in the clear.

Reactions: 0.NRG

Gristle

Feb 16, 2019

Last edited:

AmyH

Jun 21, 2019
How do you know? Isn't SQRL itself a third-party sign-in option? I know it's not literally a "third party" sign-in, but it might be interpreted that way since it's not made by Apple, and hence not 1st party, and not made by an Apple partner, hence not 2nd party.
If Apple maliciously interprets what SQRL is then sure, they could find a way to refuse clients from the App Store. Also, a giant asteroid could hit the planet and wipe out civilization, in which case all this work would be for naught.

Sign In with Apple’s competition is other OAuth providers. Barring malicious intent or asteroids, I think SQRL will be fine.

0.NRG

May 19, 2018
@Gristle To build on what AmyH said, my understanding is that with iOS 13, apps that offer 3rd party sign-in options (Facebook, Google, etc.) must include the “Sign in with Apple" option as well. However, if an app doesn't offer any 3rd party sign-in options, then they do not need to offer the "Sign in with Apple" option either.

Gristle

Feb 16, 2019

Last edited:

Gristle

Feb 16, 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Leif