Acknowledged QR code is way too small!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylok

Feb 15, 2019
When trying to log in with a QR code on a high resolution screen, the icon is extremely small for me, something like 1cm or 1.5 cm on a side. Either it should be bigger by default, or there should be an enlarge button to make it extremely easy to point my phones camera at.

It's a small nitpick, but I think it would make usability more easy!

Excited that this technology might take off!

Cheers

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
When trying to log in with a QR code on a high resolution screen, the icon is extremely small for me, something like 1cm or 1.5 cm on a side. Either it should be bigger by default, or there should be an enlarge button to make it extremely easy to point my phones camera at.

It's a small nitpick, but I think it would make usability more easy!

Excited that this technology might take off!

Cheers
Of possibly, as suggested elsewhere, enlarge on hover?

PHolder

May 19, 2018
Or possibly enlarge on hover?
That seems fussy to me. Why not blow it up into a large pop-up if the user clicks on it? It could bring up a dialog with options like:
100% 150% 200% sizes as well as a normal SQRL URL button saying "Click here to launch SQRL" or something like that.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
I agree, this needs a solution. For development work and discussion I still prefer the newsgroups. So that's where I want to move on this. Simon Zerafa already has a thread started.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
my phone has no problem
Just guessing, but I suspect the effectiveness of scanning a QR Code on a screen varies based on:
  • Size of the screen (19", 24", 27", larger)
  • Resolution of said screen (1080p, 4K, some other)
  • The magnification/zoom setting for the OS (100%, 150%, 200%, some other)
  • The magnification/zoom setting in your browser
  • The quality of your phone's camera (auto-focus in particular)
  • The version of the OS and the quality of implementation of its support for the necessary quick/smart focus and scan needed

Status
Not open for further replies.