QR Code doesn't scan

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

clowg

Jun 13, 2019
Hi

Just got the client installed on my iPhone 7 and can't get the QR Code to scan from my LCD monitor on my PC. Is there a trick to it?

clowg

Jun 13, 2019
Mmm... I've tried the moving the SQRL app between the two external monitors and the laptop internal screen and it doesn't scan on all three. Tried all sorts of distance from screen and angles. No joy.

I ended up entering the text-based version and that worked.

Now the iOS app will snap the QR code from the sign-on page of the forums or Steve's test server, but then it just flashes a black square with a progress circle and 'working' on the screen every 2 seconds until I close the app. If I minimise the app (press the Home button) and then reopen it, it asks for my password/fingerprint again for the site I snapped - and then goes back to the flashing 'working' square.

rob0t

Jun 15, 2019
And the answer to my problem is that I was trying to use the initial (when app opens) scan to import an identity. The app probably shouldn't allow to scan a code if no identity is imported.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
And the answer to my problem is that I was trying to use the initial (when app opens) scan to import an identity. The app probably shouldn't allow to scan a code if no identity is imported.
@Steve:
It's probably too late... but is there some way that the various different QR Code's could be tagged internally so the client could recognize which kind of QR Code it was in the case where someone is using "nut" scan when they meant to use the "identity import" scan?

Reactions: rob0t

rob0t

Jun 15, 2019
@Steve:
It's probably too late... but is there some way that the various different QR Code's could be tagged internally so the client could recognize which kind of QR Code it was in the case where someone is using "nut" scan when they meant to use the "identity import" scan?
Should be possible, given the size difference

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
@Steve:
Hi,

You are right the app should not struggle with what you are doing.

It should probably not let you scan at all if it does not have a default identity.

If you don't have an default it should probably help you to create one by sending you to the right place to create or import one.

All these tasks are already on my list to fix.

I am working on this and many other things.

As a starting point please check out the Known Issues Sticky at the top of my area of the forum

Thanks for Testing

Reactions: Harry D

Harry D

Jul 1, 2019
It should probably not let you scan at all if it does not have a default identity.

If you don't have an default it should probably help you to create one by sending you to the right place to create or import one.
Took me a while to realise what I was doing wrong!
Agree, if there's no identity it would be best to open to the add identity screen.