Fixed Problems with Button Text.

• New SQRL for .Net Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to TechLiam's "SQRL for .Net" server-side middleware. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

James_McG

Feb 12, 2019
Hello!

I have spoken to Jeff about this via. E-Mail and he has advised me to post here to see if anyone can help recreate this problem.

Cetain menus in Jeffs application have no writing displayed on them for me (see attached).

I have tried updating the app numerous times. I have uninstalled and left it for a few weeks and re-installed too, with no joy.

I am rurnning an iPhone 8 Plus.

Software Version: 12.2 (16E227)

Has anyone else experienced this, can anyone help me resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

James.

Attachments

AlanD

May 20, 2018
Rutland, UK
I have the same version running and working on my iPhone 5s also on iOS 12.2. Underneath the software version in the second picture, there should be an "OK" button. Although it does not show, if you touch that area, does the software version text go away and leave you with "Scan SQRL QR Code"?

Van Zeck

May 20, 2018
Arlington, Virginia, USA
I have the same version running and working on my iPhone 5s also on iOS 12.2. Underneath the software version in the second picture, there should be an "OK" button. Although it does not show, if you touch that area, does the software version text go away and leave you with "Scan SQRL QR Code"?
I like Alan's idea of testing to see whether the control is there even thought the text is not. I have Jeff's iOS client (same version or iOS and the client) on an iPhone Xs (see my images) and have not encountered this strange issue.

IMG_1317.jpgIMG_1318.jpg

Hzy

Feb 27, 2019
Bama
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a device issue (yours). I also have the same OS ver on an iPhone SE with no issue. Possibly the images were on a section of bad memory that is no longer available. I assume if you rotate the phone to landscape, the labels are still missing. If you haven't already, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
(and of course importing your ID again).

However, all of the 6 - 8 "plus" models have the same resolution - and no others do. We really need someone with one of these models to confirm. If anyone is using one of these, hopefully, they will report here. Otherwise, Jeff can probably check who else is testing with "plus" models and ask them to check if all/some/none have the same issue.
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/DeviceInformation/Reference/iOSDeviceCompatibility/Displays/Displays.html

James_McG

Feb 12, 2019

The buttons are in and of themselves fully functional, other than the fact that the text doesn’t display. The same is true for the export options buttons. They are functional, just cosmetically broken.

James_McG

Feb 12, 2019
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a device issue (yours). I also have the same OS ver on an iPhone SE with no issue. Possibly the images were on a section of bad memory that is no longer available. I assume if you rotate the phone to landscape, the labels are still missing. If you haven't already, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

However, all of the 6 - 8 "plus" models have the same resolution - and no others do. We really need someone with one of these models to confirm. If anyone is using one of these, hopefully, they will report here. Otherwise, Jeff can probably check who else is testing with "plus" models and ask them to check if all/some/none have the same issue.
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/DeviceInformation/Reference/iOSDeviceCompatibility/Displays/Displays.html
I have uninstalled, reset and then left my phone for a good three or four weeks with the app (and TestFlight) fully uninstalled.

In that time, a good ten to fifteen Gb of video has come and gone from my phone, along with the various writes associated with normal usage. As such I am certain that the unallocated clusters associated with the original install were either overwritten or in any case not re-used on the re-install. I also re imported my profile.

The issue also persists in landscape orientation.

It would be interesting to see if it is a resolution issue. Thank you for the suggestions though. They were not something I initially considered.

Best regards,

James.

James_McG

Feb 12, 2019

I have uninstalled, reset and then left my phone for a good three or four weeks with the app (and TestFlight) fully uninstalled.

In that time, a good ten to fifteen Gb of video has come and gone from my phone, along with the various writes associated with normal usage. As such I am certain that the unallocated clusters associated with the original install were either overwritten or in any case not re-used on the re-install. I also re imported my profile.

James_McG

Feb 12, 2019
FIXED!

I just thought I’d try something there and BOOM!

Fixed.

Turning ON the increase contrast setting under accessibility settings causes the problem to occur. I would be great full of others could try and recreate this and feedback to Jeff their results.

Thanks!

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
That might mean that the font or the button colour is not directly set by Jeff, so if he sets both then the contrast setting will not change it. Or setting both colours to one of the defined by OS colours might instead let increased contrast work as intended. I am not certain that is the case though, but I have seen that before in other programs.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
That might mean that the font or the button colour is not directly set by Jeff, so if he sets both then the contrast setting will not change it. Or setting both colours to one of the defined by OS colours might instead let increased contrast work as intended. I am not certain that is the case though, but I have seen that before in other programs.
Thanks for all the sleuth work. I’ll try to recreate

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Thanks for all the sleuth work. I’ll try to recreate
Recreated.

I’ll figure out how I can work around this. I don’t think I am using any custom colours, but I can’t rule it out without checking.

Thanks to all for sticking with this one.

Reactions: James_McG

Hzy

Feb 27, 2019
Bama
Increased contrast has exactly the same effect on my iPhone SE. I think you found a bug in iOS. I tried a few of the other options like Reduce Transparency and Larger Text and Button Shapes to see if those might counter the contrast impact, but no. I have never tried any of these, so really great that you found and reported this. Looking over the others, I found and highly recommend "Display Accomodations > Invert Colors > Classic for wild colors!

Mario

Mar 6, 2019
Although this does sounds like an OS bug,

Just in case it helps, it looks to me that is may be related to UIAppearance and tintColor.

G

Gristle

I'm no longer contributing to this community because the moderator (PHolder) is too closed minded to allow differing options to be expressed freely on this forum. I've been harassed too many times by this little person and he's made it clear I'm not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

James_McG

Feb 12, 2019
Latest update has Fixed this for me. Text now shows with increased contrast turned on.

Good work Jeff!