Problem with "Dummy" QR Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxp

Oct 15, 2019
Over at twit.community, I tried to sign-up using the SQRL link, using Firefox on my PC and the SQRL client, version 1.6.0, on Android phone. The Android app kept crashing whenever I would scan the QR code shown by the OAuth site they use there.

THEN, I noticed that I hadn’t yet set that OAuth site to “trusted” in the NoScript add-on I have in Firefox.

So, after enabling java script, I got another, more “fine-grained” QR code displayed on the OAuth site, and with that the SQRL client on Android worked, no crash.

Not sure if this crash behavior of the Android app is known already, or where to report it, so I thought I'd mention it here. Also mentioned it on twit.community.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
I think the OAuth site uses a "Dummy" QR Code if scripts are disabled. It appears maybe the Android Client has issues validating QR Codes and or SQRL URLs?

josecgomez

Aug 6, 2018
Over at twit.community, I tried to sign-up using the SQRL link, using Firefox on my PC and the SQRL client, version 1.6.0, on Android phone. The Android app kept crashing whenever I would scan the QR code shown by the OAuth site they use there.

THEN, I noticed that I hadn’t yet set that OAuth site to “trusted” in the NoScript add-on I have in Firefox.

So, after enabling java script, I got another, more “fine-grained” QR code displayed on the OAuth site, and with that the SQRL client on Android worked, no crash.

Not sure if this crash behavior of the Android app is known already, or where to report it, so I thought I'd mention it here. Also mentioned it on twit.community.
Yeah , sorry I use a placeholder for the QR Code if the Script can't run. I'll add that to my latest version to fix (not show) a QR code at all

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
@rxp, the fix for this issue is already merged into master, so it will be available with the next release.

Thanks for reporting and helping us improve the Android app!

Last edited:
Reactions: PHolder and rxp
Status
Not open for further replies.