FYI New App coming to TestFlight shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexT

May 22, 2018
mauritius island
www.solero.mu
Is there anything happening on this end? In my opinion, a publically available (aka app store) SQRL iOS client is an absolute must for this project to actually succeed.
I am not complaining (yet :) ) but is there any showstopper that would prevent the publication of the current app (short of the obvious and more pressing issues we are all aware of) ?

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Is there anything happening on this end? In my opinion, a publically available (aka app store) SQRL client is an absolute must for this project to actually succeed.
I am not complaining (yet :) ) but is there any showstopper that would prevent the publication of the current app (short of the obvious and more pressing issues we are all aware of) ?
Hi,

Its not in tha App Store as it is as I don’t think that it’s ready for “humans”.

I am struggling to dedicate the time that I want to to the project anyway. situation not helping.

If it is in the App Store I have to respond to user level comments, queries, questions etc, and that takes even more of my time from what I really want to be doing.

I want it done too. A few years ago I had time in spades to dedicate to SQRL. At times the functionality my client was in front of Steve’s. Sadly this is no longer the case.

All I can offer now is my best efforts.

Reactions: MarkH and Dave

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Thank for reaching out - I certainly see your points. Still an imperfect iOS client would be better than none...
Would you be ready to open source it ?
Hi,

The App its self will not be opensource.

If I ever get the time then I would look to open source the iOS framework that provides all the core sqrl functionality.

From my perspective answering 100s or 1000s of repeat question for things that already know about and plan to fix is just not productive. I can understand that there are other perspectives.

saguaro771

Mar 29, 2020
Jeff,
I sent a report via testflight, but iOS app unusable for me on iPhone. Have two newly created IDs. I get loop showing "Working" overlay with pinwheel, disappears, returns, disappears.... FaceID or no does not affect any change. This occurs when iOS Safari "opens with" sqrl.app. However, I'm able to authenticate a desktop login via iOS app.

Last edited:

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Jeff,
I sent a report via testflight, but iOS app unusable for me on iPhone. Have two newly created IDs. I get loop showing "Working" overlay with pinwheel, disappears, returns, disappears.... FaceID or no does not affect any change. This occurs when iOS Safari "opens with" sqrl.app. However, I'm able to authenticate a desktop login via iOS app.
Hi,

I have seen this before with new Id binding on these forums.

If you try again this may work.

“New” client will not have this issue.

saguaro771

Mar 29, 2020
Thanks... have tried a numer of times again on forums, using iOS Safari. Same result. Is there any troubleshooting you can suggest?

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Any update on the new client? Just curious.
Hi,

Sure. getting closer.. slowly.

I am not goona try to estimate as history proves I am especially bad at that.

Join slack channel for notification of when I make builds. And access to very rough and ready “nightlies”

Reactions: Sithmagic

0.NRG

May 19, 2018
@Jeffa , could you point me to the name of the Slack channel, a link, etc? Thank you in advance.

0.NRG

May 19, 2018
I haven't been on the forum in months, but last night I logged in for the first time using a mobile device (iPhone). Using Safari, I don't see your signature at all, whether using the default Mobile mode or the optional Desktop version of the website. I looked for your signature before asking. So, I'm on my Windows PC now and I see your signature.

I'll flag @Steve about this. Maybe he needs to tweak the website so that signatures are showing up properly on iOS, at least using Safari. @Jeffa, do you see signatures using Safari on your phone (assuming you probably have an iPhone)?

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
I haven't been on the forum in months, but last night I logged in for the first time using a mobile device (iPhone). Using Safari, I don't see your signature at all, whether using the default Mobile mode or the optional Desktop version of the website. I looked for your signature before asking. So, I'm on my Windows PC now and I see your signature.
Jeff

Twitter @wuftmergufty
Support Development of the SQRL for iOS App here https://www.patreon.com/sqrl
or
Buy me a Coffee here: here
Join our slack channel
Join the MailChimp list to Become a SQRL iOS tester
Python based SQRL Test Server here

saguaro771

Mar 29, 2020
Just updated and tried forum login. First time I got "working" loop again. After force-quitting the app and trying again it is working both via camera and on-phone open-in sqrl. Hooray!

Unfortunately login on you site (Jeff) https://sqrl.webscale.co.uk/login causes app to crash.

saguaro771

Mar 29, 2020
And another problem: SQRL app won't allow creation of account on sqrloath.com. I get this error every time. IMG_6187.jpg

diabolic

Oct 18, 2019
Jeff, even as the app exists right now, it's amazing! I can't believe how simple it is once you get it set up.

Reactions: Dave
Status
Not open for further replies.