FYI New App coming to TestFlight shortly.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Members of my beta tester list will be getting notifications and subsequently invites for a new client app in the next few days if all goes to plan.

The new app will require you to import your existing identity or start again with a new identity.

This won’t be an issue because you already have a backup of your identity. Right?

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
Just to confirm, will this be a brand new different App that we can load alongside your original one? I do have my various test IDs backed up off line having transferred them around between clients, but I do hope you won't be deleting the old app immediately.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Yep different app.

To be clear, iOS does not allow you to chose a default app to handle a url scheme, so you may have to have only one of them installed at a time.

Last edited:

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
As usual, my productivity differs wildly from my estimated productivity.

However, I really appreciate that from the outside it looks like I am not really working on this.

I really am, but the question remains how do I demonstrate this to you?

I am considering setting up a second list for "nightly" builds of the new app.
These builds may be woefully broken, but at least they will demonstrate progress if nothing else.
If I do set this up I am not canvassing feedback or bug reports from the "nightly" builds.

Is anyone bothered?

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
As usual, my productivity differs wildly from my estimated productivity.

However, I really appreciate that from the outside it looks like I am not really working on this.

I really am, but the question remains how do I demonstrate this to you?

I am considering setting up a second list for "nightly" builds of the new app.
These builds may be woefully broken, but at least they will demonstrate progress if nothing else.
If I do set this up I am not canvassing feedback or bug reports from the "nightly" builds.

Is anyone bothered?
Of all the projects here, the iPhone client is the one that probably has commercial value IF the rest of the eco system takes off, but I for one understand the speculative nature of your time investment and wouldn't dream of demanding status reports when I haven't invested more than my own time in the project so far!

I will tell you, I showed SQRL and your rudimentary client to a tech startup here in Tel Aviv last week (because their business plan calls for scanning a QR code to link a viewer to an identity) and while there are much simpler ways, they actually do need a secure way of identifying individuals. At some point they might just turn around and license your entire code to embed in their app because I suspect that would be far easier and cheaper than rebuilding from scratch.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
For me, the money/support stuff is really more about me being able to feed and water the app IF SQRL does take off.

If it goes exponential hopefully I will be in a position to look after it properly.

In the meantime, I am worried that those that are kind enough to support me before things are off the ground can see no sign of work.

MrObvious

Jan 30, 2019
Jeff, I can assure you we all have families and get it. You have to take care of whats more important. This isn’t something you can just whip out but a good work takes time. It took Steve 6 years to get what we have out before he finally said done.

We appreciate your updates.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
It took Steve 6 years to get what we have out before he finally said done.
We appreciate your updates.
Yeah.

It just guts me for around 3 of those years I was AHEAD of the curve. At times even ahead of Steve’s client.

Anyway, I am where I am.

Back to the grindstone.

AlanD

May 20, 2018
Rutland, UK
In the meantime, I am worried that those that are kind enough to support me before things are off the ground can see no sign of work.
Don't worry, what we have works, and if a new version comes out, I am sure that we will all be grateful. We all recognise that this is a "hobby", not a paid job and can't expect instant results. (You could always offer a full refund to anyone who complains!)

Reactions: Hzy