FYI July 2019 Update

• New SQRL for .Net Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to TechLiam's "SQRL for .Net" server-side middleware. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Hi,

I posted this on Patreon earlier. Reposting here:

Hi All,

Working hard behind the scenes on a significant refactor.

There was lots of code in there that was redundant and now that the protocol/spec has stabilised it was time for it to go.

Also when I started this project it was written in Swift 1.0. The Swift language, my project and its dependencies have moved a long way in all this time. We are now in Swift 5. It is a significantly different language.

The original Xcode project has been "automatically" converted through all these changes by the Apple conversion tools and then fixed by me. In places, the code works but reads as if a cat walked on the keyboard.

I am keen to address all this properly and have decided the right way to do this it to re-implement, learn the lessons, and reuse what I can.

The current version will still be made available but I will distribute a new app that is the fruit of my recent labours.

Please don't think I have forgotten about this project.

Thanks for all your support.

ppporch

May 21, 2018
Nashville, TN
I loved the cat walking on the keyboard. I have written a few iOS apps that I would like to update to current swift code. One of my apps is still objective C. I’m taking your post as a prod to do the same to my apps that you are doing. Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly for you. Your app has always worked great for me. Thank you.

Reactions: Jeffa
G

Gristle

Post removed due to harassment from PHolder

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gristle

Post removed due to harassment from PHolder

Last edited by a moderator:

mattrq

Jul 4, 2019
Any thoughts about supporting Mac Catalyst?
It would be great to have a native Mac Client as well as the iOS Client.

Nice work, clients working well. Will be demoing it tomorrow.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Any thoughts about supporting Mac Catalyst?
It would be great to have a native Mac Client as well as the iOS Client.

Nice work, clients working well. Will be demoing it tomorrow.
Hi,

Yes I plan to look at catalyst.
Just trying to stay focussed and get an app in the AppStore before I distract myself with the new shiny thing.

The Apple dream of “just check a box, it runs on the Mac” is not quite true. For now work is needed on my deps.

Hopefully by the time I get around to looking at it in earnest they will all have been updated for catalyst.

Reactions: solak