Jeff's iOS client

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

DanR

May 19, 2018
Minnesota, USA
I just completed my first successful logon to this SQRL forum using Jeff's iOS client 1-0-281 8191. As always, it's very impressive to see the SQRL authentication work without ever touching my PC keyboard! Thank you, Jeff!

Reactions: bitman

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Dan: Yes! During my presentation of SQRL to the "LETHAL" hacker group, when I logged on with Jeff's iOS client and the page updated with me logged on without touching the computer "Wow!" was heard from the audience. It makes for a terrific demo! And now we have a real website to log onto!

• Love
Reactions: warwagon

DanR

May 19, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Steve, Perhaps I should mention . . .

My first attempt with Jeff's iOS client failed, but with no error messages, no indication of trouble. It simply did not authenticate. The second attempt was flawless.

DanR

May 19, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Oh Crap! I screwed up!

I realized shortly after starting this thread that I goofed and put it in Jeff Arthur's SQRL server discussion group. (Grumble).

I meant to post it in Jeff Arthur's SQRL client discussion group.

I don't suppose an Admin could move it to where it should be? :sqrl:

warwagon

May 20, 2018
Iowa
Dan: Yes! During my presentation of SQRL to the "LETHAL" hacker group, when I logged on with Jeff's iOS client and the page updated with me logged on without touching the computer "Wow!" was heard from the audience. It makes for a terrific demo! And now we have a real website to log onto!
That "WOW" was the best part.

KenRS

May 21, 2018
Jeff - just trying your client on this forum and it’s great to see it working. The identity import using the printed QR code worked perfectly. Once set up, I scanned the SQRL QR code on my laptop (using my iPad) and was instantly logged in on the laptop - that part does seem like magic.
Logging in “on-device” on the iPad also worked. The only thing that still is rough is signing in using the finger-print authentication on the iPad. Instead of logging in smoothly- I am left with safari searching for “localhost” . Cancelling that does leave me logged in.
Regards
Ken

KenRS

May 21, 2018
Logging in “on-device” on the iPad also worked. The only thing that still is rough is signing in using the finger-print authentication on the iPad. Instead of logging in smoothly- I am left with safari searching for “localhost” . Cancelling that does leave me logged in.
Regards
Ken
Latest version of the client has this fixed - thanks

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Latest version of the client has this fixed - thanks
I am glad this is your experience. However nothing at all has changed in this area.

You are not the first to report this issue though. There is something going on here, but I don’t know what yet

Thanks