Issues getting app working / setting up Identity.

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

Mementh

Sep 13, 2019
So, i do want this to be a awesome app, but found a few issues getting setup and wanted to give good feedback.

1.I attempted to scan in the QR code from Steves App on my computer by going into the manage and using "BACKUP / EXPORT IDENTITY"
2. I had the first radio button selected "allow backup decryption with either password or the rescue code"
3. I displayed the QR code.
4. I scanned it into the app.
5. it asked for a name ( i gave it one )
6. it asked for the password. This is the Failure point. I used the Password created on the computer, I had copied from last pass and manually entered to try different ways. nothing worked.

I do not know what it wanted honestly.

I did export my ID as text copied to clipboard and then entered manually into the app. and it took me through using the rescue code and making a password.

What did it do wrong?

Are there steps missing?

mabroze

Sep 26, 2019
Not sure if it was the same issue but I initially made the mistake of trying to scan my master identity QR code with the site scan function. In hindsight it is pretty clear identities are added and managed under Identities (the folder icon), but it would be helpful for first time users if the app would not let you scan a site QR without a valid master identity loaded. Or better yet, make the site scan function recognize master identity QR codes and offer to add them as a new identity instead of not reacting, as it currently does.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Not sure if it was the same issue but I initially made the mistake of trying to scan my master identity QR code with the site scan function. In hindsight it is pretty clear identities are added and managed under Identities (the folder icon), but it would be helpful for first time users if the app would not let you scan a site QR without a valid master identity loaded. Or better yet, make the site scan function recognize master identity QR codes and offer to add them as a new identity instead of not reacting, as it currently does.
Hi,

Yes better onboarding is on its way