Identity in the UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kheops74

Feb 15, 2019
Hi @Jeffa ,

The iOS app have a feature to create more than one identity. Will it be possible to add the name of the default identity on the main screen IF the user have more than one?

Ex.
Scan SQRL QR code
(kheops74)

So if people use SQRL as @Steve wants (one identity), nothing will appear, but if the user uses the feature to create multiple identity, it will know what is the default one quickly.

Thanks

Last edited:

0.NRG

May 19, 2018
I agree, some indication would be nice if one has set up more than one identity.

G

Gristle

I'm no longer contributing to this community because the moderator (PHolder) is too closed minded to allow differing options to be expressed freely on this forum. I've been harassed too many times by this little person and he's made it clear I'm not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fabrice Neuman

Mar 11, 2019
France
www.pro-fusion.biz
This already exists. The name of the identity is displayed in text on the main screen.

Note that if you use automatic biometrics, it might be covered up by the FaceID/TouchID prompt.
Thanks, I didn't notice that. Thing is, it would be nice to have a reminder of which identity you are currently using before scanning the QR code. I don't think there is an option for that... Am I wrong?

G

Gristle

I'm no longer contributing to this community because the moderator (PHolder) is too closed minded to allow differing options to be expressed freely on this forum. I've been harassed too many times by this little person and he's made it clear I'm not welcome here.

Reactions: Fabrice Neuman
G

Gristle

kheops74

Feb 15, 2019
Don't think the debate it's on Identity vs Alt-ID. It's when you see a QR code and want to scan it, you need to know which identify the app will use if you have more than one. If you have only one as you are suppose, don't change the design.

Fabrice Neuman

Mar 11, 2019
France
www.pro-fusion.biz
@Gristle and @kheops74 , I agree with both of you. As I'm in the process of translating into French de SQRL Essentials, it is true that Steve recommends to use Alt-ID as much as possible. But you could also imagine another use for the app: hosting your spouse's ID for example. It doesn't mean that one spouse or significant other would need to know the other's password, but it can be useful for backup purposes, and also for one to be able to use the other's device from time to time.

In any case, when one identity only is on the device, there is no need to display its name. But when you have more than one, then it would be a nice addition.

G

Gristle

G

Gristle

James_McG

Feb 12, 2019
Another option could be:

IF there is more than one identity on a device, present an ‘identity selection menu’ immediately after you click the ‘scan barcode’ button.

You then choose which identity you want to use when responding to the barcode. Then you’d continue as normal. This gives you a quick way to sign in without having to dig through the UI to change identity before scanning - the option to select an identity would always appear ahead of scanning a barcode.

G

Gristle

Status
Not open for further replies.