how to link sqrl identity to my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sludgeguts

Jul 15, 2018
Norway
Tried to use my sqrl identity to log in to this forum using the grc client and my android client. Didnt work.

When if finally does work. I hope we get instructions to link our account to an existing sqrl identity.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
I'm sure Steve will figure out a way to allow you to easily link your SQRL identity... the concept of locking out any other authentication besides SQRL is built into the SQRL protocol.

Mark_my_words

May 20, 2018
Just now:

When I go to "Connected accounts" for "Associate with SQRL", I come to a page:

"This page is not supposed to show"

So association with SQRL not possible now/yet?

Mark_my_words

May 20, 2018
The other way around: login using SQRL and the associate, also does not work, because the association needs to be done from existing account:

B

BrianofLondon_s

I'm also here via a brand new account with SQRL YEAHHHH but was unable to link it to my existing account.

Definitely progress though.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
And this is my password username account.... which I was unable to associate with the new SQRL account. I guess my SQRL post is awaiting moderation.

One little gotcha to note: on the SQRL side you allow someone to enter any email to use with Gravatar without an email loop confirmation. Amongst well behaved friends that should be fine, out there in the real world the abuse will be epic.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Brian: XenForo's recent jump to v2.1 broke MANY 3rd-party addons, including SQRL. But it's back up and working now. So you should be able to easily associate your SQRL ID with your current account! :) And welcome. For some reason I immediately recognized your avatar image... perhaps from Twitter. :)

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
Brian: XenForo's recent jump to v2.1 broke MANY 3rd-party addons, including SQRL. But it's back up and working now. So you should be able to easily associate your SQRL ID with your current account! :) And welcome. For some reason I immediately recognized your avatar image... perhaps from Twitter. :)
All done! There's probably an orphan account called brianoflondon_s that you can delete if you want. I've now associated this account with my SQRL ID which I'm using on my MacBook via Wine and on iPhone via Jeff's client.

Everything is working! And yes, I've been using this Avatar, drawn for me by the somewhat infamous Bosch Fawstin, for a number of years on various sites.

Wordpress... as soon as that plugin is ready boy do I want to try it out over on various wordpress sites.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Thanks for confirming, Brian. I'll share your reaction to this on tomorrow's podcast. <g> And I've killed that orphaned account. Thanks!

KenRS

May 21, 2018
I was able to log in normally and then successfully associated my sqrl ID - using Steve's client under Wine on macOS

Dl4jones

Nov 21, 2018
Carlsbad CA
I was able to log in normally and then successfully associated my sqrl ID - using Steve's client under Wine on macOS
Ken, where did you get the Wine you used on macOS. Any special settings/configurations needed? I would like very much to get SQRL on my Mac. I tried winehq-stable-4.0.pkg with little luck.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.