High DPI rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Parker

Oct 15, 2019
Hello,

Been following SQRL for a long time so I'm really glad to see it's ready to get pushed out to the wider world. This may already be known but the client doesn't render properly when going from a high DPI monitor to a standard DPI one.

What I mean is, when I open the SQRL client on Windows 10, and it opens on my Surface Book 2 screen, it looks fine. When I drag the window to a standard 1080p monitor it is impossible to interact with.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
Yeah, I think @Steve does layout calculations once, at the beginning, before opening the window. I don't know how Windows works in this aspect, but hopefully it sends a message to an app saying "you need to redo your calculations because the DPI changed."

Chris Parker

Oct 15, 2019
Yeah, I think @Steve does layout calculations once, at the beginning, before opening the window. I don't know how Windows works in this aspect, but hopefully it sends a message to an app saying "you need to redo your calculations because the DPI changed."
I'm not a developer but, yes, there is that mechanism. I can see it happen when I drag other windows from one side to the other. It happens when the window is a bit over 50% on to the other screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.