Here's what happened with Release #65... (we're NOW at #66!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
We'll have it shortly. Since I (obviously) cannot anticipate every possible failure, I'm going to add a new "HELP" button to =ANY= installation error. That button will take the user to an installation problems web page. In that way, if anything should arise in the future, I can know that everyone will be directed to that page and that page will be able to explain what happened and hos to fix it. If that had been in place already much confusion would have been eliminated. We clearly need it for the future! :)

Paul F

Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
I'm going to add a new "HELP" button to =ANY= installation error. That button will take the user to an installation problems web page.
I noticed sqrl logging has been disabled since Rel. 64, which is OK since it revealed too much sensitive data. May I suggest a replacement log file that shows the client's interaction with the outside world so we can see what triggers an error. It could show the full paths of the identity files that it reads in, URLs, ip addresses, decoded client and server transaction data, but exclude any password, rescue code or sensitive decrypted data. It could even be selectable with a check box in Settings and Options as something like "Enable Diagnostic Logging".

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Hey Paul:
The extensive logging we have always had in GRC's client is still available if we want it. I implemented it as a set of assembly-time switches. So all I need to do is rebuild the current SQRL.exe with those switches set, and we'll have a client that logs like it always did. We will want to keep this out of any public channel. It would need to be manually installed and any self-update would replace it with the public non-logging version -- which is probably a good thing. But... yes... if we want a SQRL client with logging, we can have one again very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.