help set up sqrl in ios how do I export to windows?

Gordon S

May 22, 2020
help set up sqrl in ios how do I export to windows?
I read after about the three golden rules so how do i export to windows and make a recovery.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
@Gordon S, would you please elaborate on what exactly you've done up to now so that we can help you with the next steps?
Am I correct in assuming from your post that you have created an identity using @Jeffa's iOS client and now want to export this identity to your windows PC?

Gordon S

May 22, 2020
I used ios to set up sqrl account. when I went through the forms there was an form on getting started that said I should have started in windows and it would have walked me through the steps to print out the recovery code and export to other devices. so now I am wondering if I should start in windows with a new account. or if there is a way to export to windows. when I start Sqrl in windows it asked to make a new account or import one. It gives three options, but I have none of the files or print outs to transfer the information over.

Carl

May 19, 2018
Well, if you created a SQRL identity without saving the recovery code (that you can only see during identity creation), then yes, you should start over by creating a completely new identity.

trolley

Sep 25, 2020
I just had this issue myself and figured it out so I thought I'd share in case anyone else finds this thread.

When you export from Jeff's iOS app to a PDF it includes both a QR code and the textual representation of the identity, so you can import it into Steve's Windows app by typing in the textual representation (no copy-paste unfortunately).

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
I suspect we need to hear from @Jeffa if his client is advanced enough to support export yet.
I used ios to set up sqrl account. when I went through the forms there was an form on getting started that said I should have started in windows and it would have walked me through the steps to print out the recovery code and export to other devices. so now I am wondering if I should start in windows with a new account. or if there is a way to export to windows. when I start Sqrl in windows it asked to make a new account or import one. It gives three options, but I have none of the files or print outs to transfer the information over.
The client can export via QR code, pdf, or binary, via the iOS share feature. This is in the ID admin area.

I seem to recall using a webcam with Steve’s client to import in the past too.

Or typing it in works too.

Of course if you didn’t keep your rescue code all bets are off

Reactions: Jaap