FIXED! SQRL no longer working for me on brianoflondon.me

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
Log in has now stopped working with SQRL and on brianoflondon.me . I think this might have happened with 0.6.4

With the Chrome extension I get:

Code:
onPasswdFormSubmit
ERRPFS--2
Unknown error code Failed to fetch
On the iphone I get

Code:
The operation couldn't be
completed. Protocol error[CODE]

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
Interesting... and clicking on what you sent there gives:

Fatal error: Uncaught SodiumException: Argument 1 must be CRYPTO_SIGN_BYTES long. in /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Compat.php:2317 Stack trace: #0 /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-includes/sodium_compat/lib/php72compat.php(870): ParagonIE_Sodium_Compat::crypto_sign_verify_detached('', '', '') #1 /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/sqrl-login/sqrl-login.php(422): sodium_crypto_sign_verify_detached('', '', '') #2 /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): SQRLLogin->apiCallback('') #3 /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #4 /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-admin/admin-post.php(51): do_action('admin_post_nopr...') #6 {main} thrown in /home/bol/public_html/blog/wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Compat.phpon line 2317
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.
And this is way out of anything I can deal with or have any idea why it suddenly stopped working.

Jaap

May 20, 2018
The GET response is meaningless in this case.
The SQRL server you are using is responding in an unexpected way.
File a bugreport on their github / support site.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
Just upgraded the plugin 2 mins ago and it's working again.

Still got to figure out the problem of always being redirected to the same page... fix that and this is pretty much perfect.

Except I still get display issues on my primary identity on Brave and I can't seem to find any way to get it working again! It's driving me nuts.

Reactions: Fabrice Neuman

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
Hi @brianoflondon

I'm not sure how your system is set up. You should be redirected to either the link you came from if you click login to comment. Or to the site url link.

Maybe you set your site url to https://brianoflondon.me/blog insteadof only https://brianoflondon.me ?

best regards
Daniel
It's a pretty normal method of setting up wordpress. The files are all in a folder /blog but .htaccess and various Wordpress settings make it seem that the sub folder isn't there.

shanedk

May 20, 2018
The Wordpress installation itself might be in a server folder /blog, but if the site itself roots there then you wouldn't want to put the /blog at the end of your site url.

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I'm not going to change anything with the site.

I do notice that now if you click a log in link from a comment thread it does gracefully take you back to the comment thread so that's working.

I'll see if I can do something about creating a page at /blog or sending /blog to /blog/wp-admin

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
This is the .htaccess ... I just don't know enough to have confidence to change any of this.

Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?brianoflondon.me$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/blog/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /blog/$1
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?brianoflondon.me$
RewriteRule ^(/)?$ /blog/index.php [L] 
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I'm still pretty proud that my site seems to be the first working live Wordpress site in the world to implement SQRL for commenting.\

And I'm looking forward to a comment from @Steve

brianoflondon

Nov 22, 2018
I've created a page at /blog so things look a little better after a SQRL login.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
There, I managed to associate my SQRL identity. I did test that I could still log in with my userID and password, even though I have "Request SQRL Only" enabled... so that is likely something that @kalaspuffar will have to address in the WP SQRL plugin, assuming it is even possible.

Reactions: kalaspuffar