FYI First run import worked but didn't clear

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

gareth

Jul 23, 2019
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered or is in a bug list.

I've just downloaded and run the app for the first time and opted to import the identity using a qr code and the recovery key. This seemed o work fine but after creating a password and setting a friendly name was sent back to the "how do you want to add your identity" page. I assumed that something had not worked so did the process a second time and was again sent back to the "add new id" page. This time round I quit the app and re-launched it and was presented with the "scan qr code for site" page, which is what I was expecting after importing my id.

Seems to me that the add and id page should have a cancel / I'm done button or that during the "first run" it goes to the import id page only once.

I've managed to delete the second id that I added without any issues.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Thanks for reporting this, @gareth. This is exactly the kind of quirk that we (by that I mean the devs working on the project) have already developed blind spots for, so we're glad for each and every report that will help us smooth out the rough edges that you'll still find within the app.

gareth

Jul 23, 2019
Thanks for the response @ahauser. As I've said elsewhere, my development and programming skills are (probably) not up to scratch to be much help but I'm happy to try and document things like this. I have (as have a lot of people) been waiting for SQRL for 6+ Years so any thing I can do to help I will!