Fingerprint Authentication Feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeMentor

Feb 1, 2019
Hi there,
First of all I want to say I'm very thankful for all your hard work on the android :sqrl: client (y) !

I'm running Android 9 (Pie) on my phone and I've been using the client for a while.
On other password managers I power on the phone enter my decryption key to decrypt the device and than I open any password manager and I just authenticate with the fingerprint sensor.

On the :sqrl: client i open it up than i try to authenticate for the first time and enter my full password only on the 2nd authentication I get prompted to use the fingerprint.
The fingerprint can only be used on the 2nd authentication attempt and only as a quick login replacement.

Is it possible to set it to work like any other password manager?
I would love to hear back from you

Thanks
-DM

Reactions: NeoXander

shanedk

May 20, 2018
I'd like to see this option, too. On an encrypted phone, and one that cannot be unlocked without the fingerprint sensor, constantly asking for the master password after it times out or after a reboot seems excessive. If the fingerprint is sufficient to secure my banking apps, and even my medical apps which have to be HIPAA compliant, I would think it would be good enough for SQRL.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi @shanedk and @DeMentor

It's possible to include this option. Should not be to much work but I'm a bit "fed up" with Android work at the moment as I do it at work as well. But it's just a temporary thing when I needed to jump in to rectify the issues with the company app.

I hope to get back to development on SQRL Login soon again.

Will add this to the feature request list on Github.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Best regards
Daniel

Reactions: DeMentor

DeMentor

Feb 1, 2019
@kalaspuffar I know what its like to be burned up with work.
Your work on SQRL for android is highly appreciated!!

Thanks for all your hard work.
-DM

Reactions: Dave
Status
Not open for further replies.