While I'm writing the final SQRL Explainer and Specification document, we are approaching the release point for GRC's SQRL client. Since we have fallen into a sort of natural weekly update cycle for the client, I thought that those with the SQRL client installed, who are therefore receiving these weekly updates, might be curious to know what's going on with each change. So this top-pinned post will be updated (probably not many more times) each week to indicate what has changed with each release:
- Change "Request no SQRL bypass" -to-> "Request no account recovery".
- Add a feature to copy the textual identity to the system clipboard.
- Add clear warning to the RC printout page. DO NOT DISCARD!! and why
- After a password change remind user to change all other devices.
- Revisit the URL sizing/shortening algorithm in the password prompt.
- Add space pad before dialog titles in title bars.
- Fixed the can=url bug Paul F discovered.
- Improved the language of the Rescue Code printout.
- Add "licenses" link and documented all open source packages used.
- Added a clear page title to the Rescue Code printout.
- Changes "Quick Unlock" to "QuickPass" throughout the entire app.
- Tweaked the version handler to be quite until/unless installed.
- Verified printing success under Win10 x64
- Added an installation or upgrade "Help" button.
- Added external compression to UI strings.
- Changed Alt-ID system to add a NULL separator.
- Added SQRL installation success forum page.
- Added current identity to title of Rekeying dialogs.
- Added current identity to title of Renaming identity.
- Added Alt-ID to the Authorize Login dialog title.
- Fixed "Request no account recovery" in the help text.
- Fixed crash in the Copy Identity to Clipboard.
- Disabled Rescue Code input context menu paste.
- Added "Click to visit the SQRL web forums" to the Learn About SQRL dialog.
- Fixed Decompression crash in WINE.
- Change rename handling when only one identity. (Closes rename dialog.)
- Fixed app crash on Error code 1 during installation.
- Fixed the Alt-ID problem that SJ Phillips was exhibiting.
- Added handling for Controlled Folder Access
- Fixed inadvertent BOLDING of all SQRL dialog UI text.
- Fixed a SQRL update crash triggered by SHA256 Digest signing.
- Fixed an interaction between non-installation and screen darkening.
- Changed "User" to "Select Identity" on the login options dialog.
- Now defaults the identity name to the base name of a file-imported identity.
- Unless a problem is found, THIS WILL BE the v1.0 release of GRC's SQRL client for Windows in the "release" channel.