Extend the timeout period?

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

Test61219

Jun 12, 2019
I'm not sure if there's a thread for this already, but is there a way I can extend the timeout period? As in the time between having to enter my password and fingerprint? Or even just borrow "picture password" like blackberry had to make password entry easier?

PHolder

May 19, 2018
extend the timeout period
Yes, and no.

You can set how long before the QuickPass lasts before expiring... See here https://sqrl.grc.com/threads/ux-help-welcome.397/page-5#post-4648

... but the design of SQRL is that you ALWAYS have to authorize each login. There is not intention to change this as it would be a bad idea. Imagine if you can one day use SQRL with your bank, and someone sneaks onto your device while you're up getting a cup of coffee...

Test61219

Jun 12, 2019
I get that, but I always lock my screen, and would trust Android's USB prompt. My thought is for something like that picture password thing.
Picture password is secure enough that even if someone looks at my screen as I enter it, it's still secure. Could get multiple prompts too, but easier than the keyboard on mobile.

Just for mobile, since it's likely someone will make a third party client that does it, there's something to be said for doing it more conveniently but securely on the more "official" app.

I had to enter my main password thing twice in a couple hours, and I think that could slow adoption, just my $0.02.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
In the Android app, you can set the QuickPass timeout to one week max. After that, you'll have to type in the master password. This is for security reasons, but also so that you don't forget it.

Test61219

Jun 12, 2019
Set your QuickPass to timeout after a long time, set the length to 1 char... surely to goodness one character won't hurt you so badly?
Didn't think to set it to one character. And I set it to 1440, but I didn't think to set it to a week.