does new app support re-key'ed ID?

diabolic1

Oct 29, 2020
Jeff, I think I found a bug with your latest version in testflight. There seems to be a strange interaction with a re-keyed ID and Daniel's wordpress plugin.

I re-keyed a SQRL identity with Steve's app. I deleted your app from my phone and reinstalled (the only way I could figure out how to re-key an identity). I've imported the new identity (with password, not RC), and now your app is throwing error "sqrl.SQRLResponse.ResponseError error 5" on the wordpress plugin.

These combinations work:
- windows SQRL app with re-keyed ID and sqrl.grc.com
- windows SQRL app with re-keyed ID and sarah.gives (wordpress plugin)
- iOS app with re-keyed ID and sqrl.grc.com (QR and direct tap both work)

And this doesn't work:
- iOS app with re-key ID and sarah.gives (wordpress plugin) (QR and direct tap both do not work). Gives the error above.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Jeff, I think I found a bug with your latest version in testflight. There seems to be a strange interaction with a re-keyed ID and Daniel's wordpress plugin.

I re-keyed a SQRL identity with Steve's app. I deleted your app from my phone and reinstalled (the only way I could figure out how to re-key an identity). I've imported the new identity (with password, not RC), and now your app is throwing error "sqrl.SQRLResponse.ResponseError error 5" on the wordpress plugin.

These combinations work:
- windows SQRL app with re-keyed ID and sqrl.grc.com
- windows SQRL app with re-keyed ID and sarah.gives (wordpress plugin)
- iOS app with re-keyed ID and sqrl.grc.com (QR and direct tap both work)

And this doesn't work:
- iOS app with re-key ID and sarah.gives (wordpress plugin) (QR and direct tap both do not work). Gives the error above.
Hi,

As you note there is no UI for rekeying in the new app yet.

It is very possible that I am not dealing with rekeyed identity properly yet too.

I think you have given me enough information to try to to recreate this though so I will give it a go.

Jeff