Disassociation How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan M Cameron

I understand the need for the change quoted in the Backward Compatibility Breakage notice but I am not aware of any information on how to disassociate or re-associate. Can someone please humour me an give a step by step process on how to do this obviously important function.
I am not aware that I have ever used an Alt-ID so perhaps I should just forget all about it.

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
Oh I figured it out on my own:

When you go to that link, click the code to get the login box to show up for the windows client, then click options, then click remove (will need rescue code), then supply rescue code when asked, then the quick/full password, then you are redirected to a page on the forum where you confirm what you want to do.

Alan M Cameron

Thanks you for your time and trouble trying to solve my problem.
Following your instructions I get to the point which says
<q>Connected accounts allow you to log in to this site more easily by using an account you already hold at one of the sites below.</q>
further down it shows the associated sites which I have (or in my case not) available to use to log in from.
In my case there are no sites listed in the line starting <q> Associated - </q>
Which reminded me that as I do not use any of the sites which could have appeared I have never associated my self with any of them. I do not subscribe and will never to Facebook (which I think is one of the sites).
So again, many thanks for reminding me to protect my privacy.
I echo your comment to @Steve how do you associate/disassociate using the client.

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
Hopefully this is a bit clearer:

0. add a password for the account (website)
1. click the sqrl link on that page (website)
2. when sqrl pops up, click options (windows client)
3. select the remove from site option (windows client)
4. when asked supply rescue code (windows client)
5. supply password/quickpass (windows client)
6. website now asks you if you want to remove sqrl (website)
7. do so (website)

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
May 6, 2018
www.grc.com
Guys...

Note this this is deliberately difficult, and mediated at the SQRL client's end, because we want to honor the "identity lock". This prevents a bad guy who might somehow obtain the user's SQRL identity from being able to disconnect the stolen SQRL identity and reconnect their own. Thus the need for the Rescue Code, too.

Reactions: Dave
Status
Not open for further replies.