Deleting identities is too easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gristle

I don't think it will care which iOS browser you use. Your app would be invoked as a sheet instead of an app. It's different from a safari extension, but similar concept. Safari extensions (I believe) are invoked from the Safari share sheet, which I think is clunky and unintuitive. This approach would follow the same flow as today: click the SQRL login, followed by "do you want to open in ?" followed by your sheet. I'm not sure how CPS works so I can't comment on that. I will say that having to switch back to Safari is annoying, so if there's any possibility this could work, I think it's worth checking out.

Andrew Godfrey

Mar 6, 2019
Seattle
I don't think it will care which iOS browser you use. Your app would be invoked as a sheet instead of an app. It's different from a safari extension, but similar concept. Safari extensions (I believe) are invoked from the Safari share sheet, which I think is clunky and unintuitive. This approach would follow the same flow as today: click the SQRL login, followed by "do you want to open in ?" followed by your sheet.
On iOS, the password manager I use (Roboform) does this, and I like it. On any browser I can do “Share > Roboform”, then touch ID, and then a page where it shows me one or more matching ID’s to use. And then it fills in forms on the page.

One caveat is that when first setting it up, I had to manually move Roboform to the front of the Share list. I doubt apps are allowed to do that programmatically, because they’d fight with each other.

Andrew Godfrey

Mar 6, 2019
Seattle
But no one expects to go into the share menu to log into a website.
Well, now that you mention it, iOS improved on this recently, so that when you bring up the on-screen keyboard to type in a username and password (anywhere - sites AND apps), you can tap the “Passwords” button to bring up your password manager. Roboform integrates with this (I assume many others do too). But I’m not sure what to suggest for SQRL here.

G

Gristle

Well, now that you mention it, iOS improved on this recently, so that when you bring up the on-screen keyboard to type in a username and password (anywhere - sites AND apps), you can tap the “Passwords” button to bring up your password manager. Roboform integrates with this (I assume many others do too). But I’m not sure what to suggest for SQRL here.
I don't think the iOS password autofill will work for SQRL. There are too many interactions between the page and the SQRL client to make this work. I agree with Jeff that tapping the share button is not how people will think to login. Nothing is more intuitive that tapping a "login" button. Plus, the password autofill feature is specifically looking for a password text field to dump its output. SQRL doesn't use text fields at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.