Competing Apps/App Store/ Copyright issues?

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

Lill

Jun 23, 2019
I checked out the UK and US IOS AppStore and was rather dismayed to see there is something else called Sqrl chat which has a very similar logo (Apparently copyrighted in 2018 by Sqrl LLC). I don't see any App by Jeff Arthur, but there is a SQRL client called Netco Signer developed by Diego Garzon (although the interface is in Spanish in the screen shots it apparently also supports English). Is this an approved application?

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
If they are actual SQRL clients, the more the merrier I think. I won't check them out though I will leave that up to someone who has IOS.

AlanD

May 20, 2018
Rutland, UK
Jeff's app is only available via Apple TestFlight at the moment. You have to sign up for that and get an invite through the link on his pages here

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
I checked out the UK and US IOS AppStore and was rather dismayed to see there is something else called Sqrl chat which has a very similar logo (Apparently copyrighted in 2018 by Sqrl LLC). I don't see any App by Jeff Arthur, but there is a SQRL client called Netco Signer developed by Diego Garzon (although the interface is in Spanish in the screen shots it apparently also supports English). Is this an approved application?
I can’t get it to work. But then many have said the same about mine :)

It does look like an attempt at a sqrl client. But maybe a different sqrl?

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
I can’t get it to work. But then many have said the same about mine :)

It does look like an attempt at a sqrl client. But maybe a different sqrl?
It certainly responds to the sqrl:// url scheme.

mabroze

Sep 26, 2019
Sqrl Chat does not appear to be a SQRL client, but it does have an icon which bears striking similarities to the official SQRL logo. I almost got fooled while looking for Jeff's app. https://apps.appleDOTcom /us/app/sqrl-chat/id1350589058

By the way, thanks for the super fast response to my request for TestFlight access Jeff. The app works great!

Reactions: Zootsuitpenguin

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Sqrl Chat does not appear to be a SQRL client, but it does have an icon which bears striking similarities to the official SQRL logo. I almost got fooled while looking for Jeff's app. https://apps.appleDOTcom /us/app/sqrl-chat/id1350589058

By the way, thanks for the super fast response to my request for TestFlight access Jeff. The app works great!
The SQRL name is not protected and probably can't be protected. I just need to get myself in the app store and make the #1 spot mine, before someone else does.

You are welcome as a tester. No thanks required. The speed was down to my invite script. If you were waiting for me you would still have been waiting ;)

Thanks again.