Awaiting feedback Bug Report

• New SQRL for .Net Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to TechLiam's "SQRL for .Net" server-side middleware. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

PHolder

May 19, 2018
I was testing if SQRL would be bothered by the new Windows protections. In a mostly clean Windows 10 Preview machine I downloaded and installed SQRL. When it finished installing, it launched me to the install/welcome page on the forums, and I clicked on the register option from there, forgetting that I had not yet created or imported an identity. That caused the forum web page to refresh away from the registration page, at which point I realized I needed to create the identity. I started through the process, and after I pressed enter on my chosen identity name, the client crashed (no UI event, it just closed/disappeared.) I checked the reliability monitor, and there was a crash event noted.

Faulting application name: sqrl-fork.exe, version: 1.0.7098.1, time stamp: 0x5cfc2eb0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18965.1000, time stamp: 0x7e2c2da8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0008c8eb
Faulting process id: 0x1738
Faulting application start time: 0x01d55e50406358ec
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\sqrl-fork.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

PHolderTest

Aug 29, 2019
After relaunching the SQRL client I was able to complete the identity creation without further difficulties, and then registered and posted this message. I presume that the attempt to use it with no identity present before completing the identity creation is what was the source of the bug I encountered.