Attempted to Create Identity with iOS App (Fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srevo

Dec 4, 2019
I made the mistake of attempting to create an identity in iOS. I got the rescue code copied down and entered a password.. then was able to get successfully logged into sqrl.grc.com (revo) then the app crashed and now I can't login or restore my identity. It appears I never got the Textual Identity* :(

PHolder

May 19, 2018
I'm not the author, but as a software developer, it would seem strange to me that an identity would be usable before it was successfully written to storage. As the app is capable of managing multiple identities, I'd be curious if you looked in the list, maybe it was still there, but was just not selected as the default to use. In any case, do you have any details about how you crashed it.. at what point or what steps you took?

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
I'm not the author, but as a software developer, it would seem strange to me that an identity would be usable before it was successfully written to storage. As the app is capable of managing multiple identities, I'd be curious if you looked in the list, maybe it was still there, but was just not selected as the default to use. In any case, do you have any details about how you crashed it.. at what point or what steps you took?
I made the mistake of attempting to create an identity in iOS. I got the rescue code copied down and entered a password.. then was able to get successfully logged into sqrl.grc.com (revo) then the app crashed and now I can't login or restore my identity. It appears I never got the Textual Identity* :(
Hi,

The ID should still be on the list. (And also backed up in your iCloud if you enabled it.)

if you go back into the ID list and tap the ID it should allow you to get your QR and text version.

srevo

Dec 4, 2019
I enabled the icloud when the app first launched. I logged off the sqrl.grc.com website and attempted to use the iOS SQRL client and it scanned and hung for awhile then closed. When I reopened the app it didn't have any account in list, etc.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
I enabled the icloud when the app first launched. I logged off the sqrl.grc.com website and attempted to use the iOS SQRL client and it scanned and hung for awhile then closed. When I reopened the app it didn't have any account in list, etc.
I don’t see this problem but if you can give me some detailed steps to follow to re create I will try to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.