App Home Background Image

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

michaelm

Jun 20, 2019
Would it be possible to allow users to set their own image for the home screen background in the app? I'm sure many users would like the ability to do this and personalise their application. This could then be extended to have a different background tied to different identities so you could know which one you were using at any time without having to check in the identity management menu.

Michael.

Paul F

Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
How do I delete an accidental Like? Because I don't 'like' it (I'm indifferent) . I thought clicking it again might toggle it but I don't want two likes!

Last edited:

Vela Nanashi

May 19, 2018
You click the like under the post again, it removes the like :) hehe too slow here, I went to test it out on a post I did not mind liking :)

Reactions: Paul F

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Would it be possible to allow users to set their own image for the home screen background in the app? I'm sure many users would like the ability to do this and personalise their application.
It would surely be possible, but I don't know if this is really something that a lot of people would profit from. After all, you're really not going to spend a lot of time at the start screen of the app.

This could then be extended to have a different background tied to different identities so you could know which one you were using at any time without having to check in the identity management menu.
I get the idea. However, most people will never have more than one identity. Also, in the current version of the app, you'll find that the name of the currently active identity is displayed above the scan button as soon as there is more than one identity present.

I'm not saying that I dislike the whole idea, but I also don't think that it is a must-have right now.

michaelm

Jun 20, 2019
currently active identity is displayed above the scan button as soon as there is more than one identity present
Didn't know it'd do that, seems reasonable

I'm not saying that I dislike the whole idea, but I also don't think that it is a must-have right now
Completely agree, core functionality, compatibility, stability and ease-of-use should all be more important at the moment. I was trying to think a bit outside the box for what might appeal to 'regular' users who might be more inclined to show it off to friends if there were a nice shiny logo animation or something stylish etc. Users love customisations after all and given its core message around a "personal identity" then personalisation at some point makes sense (to me at least). Appreciate that's all down the line though once the main stuff has been solidified. Thanks for your prompt feedback.

Reactions: ahauser