Any logging in the app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josecgomez

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Jeff
I'm working on a server side solution and some logging would be incredibly helpful.
Steves client doesnt appear to have any, Des your client have logging of the communication back and forth between it and the server?
Requests and responses etc ?

PHolder

May 19, 2018
Steve's client doesn't appear to have any
@Steve 's client DID have logging, including logging the user password, do he disabled/removed it for the debut 1.0 version. I don't know if he still has an older version for debug purposes left lying around anywhere @Paul F probably has something that can log as well, but I haven't kept track of the various tools he's mentioned, and unfortunately he seems disinclined to have any sort of a proper web presence for his development.

EDIT: I just looked here https://www.grc.com/dev/ and saw "sqrl-CLIENT-SIDE-LOGGING.exe" so maybe the debug version still exists. If my memory serves, you launch it from a command line with LOGGING as a parameter, and it writes the logs into the same folder as your identity.

josecgomez

Aug 6, 2018
@Steve 's client DID have logging, including logging the user password, do he disabled/removed it for the debut 1.0 version. I don't know if he still has an older version for debug purposes left lying around anywhere @Paul F probably has something that can log as well, but I haven't kept track of the various tools he's mentioned, and unfortunately he seems disinclined to have any sort of a proper web presence for his development.

EDIT: I just looked here https://www.grc.com/dev/ and saw "sqrl-CLIENT-SIDE-LOGGING.exe" so maybe the debug version still exists. If my memory serves, you launch it from a command line with LOGGING as a parameter, and it writes the logs into the same folder as your identity.
Perfect! Thank you

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
Hi Jeff
I'm working on a server side solution and some logging would be incredibly helpful.
Steves client doesnt appear to have any, Des your client have logging of the communication back and forth between it and the server?
Requests and responses etc ?
Hi,

Nothing that is user visible. Sorry.

lancemcgrew

Nov 30, 2019
The iOS client works fine with Wordpress plugin. Works fine with latest TWiT.community SQRL login option. Ironically, the iOS client crashes on sqrl.grc.com. I have been clicking the Share link but have no idea if the crash report is getting back to the developer? My traditional login works fine on sqrl.grc.com. How can I troubleshoot?

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
The iOS client works fine with Wordpress plugin. Works fine with latest TWiT.community SQRL login option. Ironically, the iOS client crashes on sqrl.grc.com. I have been clicking the Share link but have no idea if the crash report is getting back to the developer? My traditional login works fine on sqrl.grc.com. How can I troubleshoot?
Hi Lance,

crash reports are coming thru fine.

Detailed steps that can recreate the crash would be very helpful.

Jeff

lancemcgrew

Nov 30, 2019
Hi Lance,

crash reports are coming thru fine.

Detailed steps that can recreate the crash would be very helpful.

Jeff
I finally discovered my forum account was not associated with SQRL ID. Need intuitive client side message such as "hey dumb-arse, did you associate your account?" In my case, the only detailed step was to say, "I was just trying to login using SQRL and the client crashed". Bottom line - all is well. Thank you for the follow up.

Jeffa

May 20, 2018
I finally discovered my forum account was not associated with SQRL ID. Need intuitive client side message such as "hey dumb-arse, did you associate your account?" In my case, the only detailed step was to say, "I was just trying to login using SQRL and the client crashed". Bottom line - all is well. Thank you for the follow up.
There is still a bug here. Trying to login With no account should prompt to create one.

Thanks for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.