Announce: pluggable golang SSP implementation

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

ScottWhite

Jul 7, 2019
I've got a working implementation of a SSP server written in golang:

It is architected for horizontal scalability and it has a pluggable interface to allow integration with different datastores.
Feedback or issues are welcome! If anyone wants to set it up to try it out and needs some help, feel free to ping me.
Thanks,
Scott

RaniSputnik

Jun 28, 2018
Hey Scott, this looks awesome! I've been writing a Golang SSP server too - along with a separate SQRL package that contains a few of the basic types.

I've only been slowly chipping away at it - but feel free to have a poke around in case there's anything worth learning / applying to your own implementation there.

Cheers, Ryan.

ScottWhite

Jul 7, 2019
Is there a basic how-to-use guide?
I added a README in the example server directory: https://github.com/smw1218/sqrl-ssp/tree/master/server
It kinda assumes you can compile with go (which is usually pretty easy). Disclaimer: I've never tried go in Windows... I've heard it works great but I can't confirm.

I need to get the package management stuff in there so it may complain about dependencies (but go get <dep>) should work as I think there are only a few external dependencies.

And of course there's the need to run it someplace with valid SSL/DNS (unless you client guys have some hacks to get around that)

ScottWhite

Jul 7, 2019
Thanks Ryan!

Your repo did get me started and I was going to open more PRs, but I realized it's super hard to figure out the protocol quirks without actually writing the whole thing, so that's what I did instead :)

Reactions: RaniSputnik

RaniSputnik

Jun 28, 2018
Aha! I should've check the username on that PR :sleep:, thanks for the contribution! Glad it was helpful in some way.