Android v1.5.0

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
I looked right at that (without reading the words) and assumed it was a column heading for the radio buttons!! D'OH!!
Wow, now that you mention it, I can totally see why one could think that. I guess we should do something about this. Thanks for reporting back!

//EDIT: Link to the issue:

shanedk

May 20, 2018
Maybe if it had a radio button next to it to make it look like one of the options? It could automatically activate when you start typing, and you could cancel the Alt-ID by clicking it off without having to delete the text.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Maybe if it had a radio button next to it to make it look like one of the options? It could automatically activate when you start typing, and you could cancel the Alt-ID by clicking it off without having to delete the text.
That's impractical Shane, because the Alt-Id can (and must be able to) be used together with any of the account options below. In other words, you must be able to for example disable an account using an Alt-Id. And having two radio buttons activated at the same time is a no-no.

shanedk

May 20, 2018
However it needs to be done according to UX principles, it needs to be made to look like one item in the list. As it is, the others look like subitems.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
it needs to be made to look like one item in the list. As it is, the others look like subitems.
I respectfully disagree. The Alt-Id logically does not belong to the account options disable, enable and remove. It is one logical hierarchy above, since it (together with the selected identity) decides FOR WHICH ACCOUNT those account options should be activated.

I fully agree, though, that the current state is suboptimal and needs fixing, hence the GitHub issue.

Reactions: Dave

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
I respectfully disagree. The Alt-Id logically does not belong to the account options disable, enable and remove. It is one logical hierarchy above, since it (together with the selected identity) decides FOR WHICH ACCOUNT those account options should be activated.

I fully agree, though, that the current state is suboptimal and needs fixing, hence the GitHub issue.
I think it should stand out more like the password does.

Reactions: ahauser

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
The issue with the Alt-Id input field is fixed, an updated version will be available with the next release.