Android v1.5.0

• New Wordpress Plug-In Forum
    Guest:

Just a note that we have a new forum to contain discussions relating to the Wordpress plug-in which Daniel Persson originated and has been making great progress on. You'll find it under "Server-Side Solutions."

/Steve.

kalaspuffar

May 19, 2018
Sweden
coderinsights.com
Hi gang.

I've now pushed 1.4.0 to production and here is the next alpha release. As usual most of the work are done by other people so thanks should go to @ahauser , @sesam and @sengsational .

Bugfix
* Handle rename in a consistent manner.
* Fixing contrast issues in darkmode

Improvements
* Better darkmode frontpage
* Add help texts to password fields.
* Remove extra prefix "SQRL -"
* First identity will now have the name "My identity"

Thank you for taking the time to use the application and test it before we push it to production.

Best regards
Daniel

Apr 19, 2019
Hi Daniel.

Great work with the WP Plugin, I just got it integrated on one WP Install. Testing the Android App now. Appreciate the efforts.

Is there a way we could collaborate on a super tiny ( 30-45 Sec ) intro Video ?

Best. N.

Apr 19, 2019
Thanks @kalaspuffar for pinging back.

We are working on creating a not-for-profit Antifraud Repository using SQRL as the method for Anonymizing Users. For that, we want to make an Intro Video that guides a First Time user to get everything set up & running. A details Video that explains the relevant features could be a sequel to the first one.

Looking forward to your thoughts on that.

Best. N.

StereoRick

Aug 28, 2019
Hi Daniel, I'm a new tester.

Version loaded from Play Store is 1.5.0 on Android 8.0.0 with Aug 1-2019 security patch. Downloaded today's GRC Windows SQRL 1.0.7098.1 on Win 10.

Created the ID on Windows and scanned to import to Android.

When exporting using a QR with "Allow backup decryption with either the pasword or rescue code:" Several attempts at QR code scan import did not match the printed ID, and would not decrypt with the password. The last couple of characters were corrupted (camera scanned 106 characters, the 106th is wrong and I had 107 characters in the printed text - characters 1 to 105 match). I entered the ID manually and it worked with the recovery codes. Scanning to register and login here works.

Displaying the QR export code with "Require the Rescue Code" in the native Windows app or the default export of the Firefox add on scans ok.

Last edited:

captcha

Aug 19, 2019
Hi Daniel,

Using v1.4.0 and it works absolutely fine on Android 8.0.0 (Galaxy A5 2017). Thanks go out to you and the team.

Are you maintaining a wish-list for the app somewhere? If so, may I suggest to add an option under settings to toggle 'open QR scanner immediately on app opening'. Reasoning that once set up, 99 per cent of the time you'd just be using it to scan a QR code to log on to a site, nothing more, so any additional button pressing could be perceived as a possible hiccup. Definitely not a bug, but just a bit of friendly feedback.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Hi @StereoRick,

thanks for your report. We've actually heard of this problem before, but never were able to reproduce it or get our hands on such an identity to trigger the corrupted import scan.

So we'd of course be eager to be able to debug this particular identity of yours. Is this your "main" identity which is in active use, or would you be able to provide it to us so that we can identify the problem?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

PHolder

May 19, 2018
Not used anywhere but here. Good opportunity to test rekeying, which I will do before uploading images of codes.
Additionally, you can set up an email, and make sure SQRL Only is disabled, and then set a user ID and password, and then disassociate your SQRL identity, and ultimately rekey, or create a new one, as you would like.

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Last edited:

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Using v1.4.0 and it works absolutely fine on Android 8.0.0 (Galaxy A5 2017). Thanks go out to you and the team.
Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear that the Android app is working for you.

Are you maintaining a wish-list for the app somewhere? If so, may I suggest to add an option under settings to toggle 'open QR scanner immediately on app opening'. Reasoning that once set up, 99 per cent of the time you'd just be using it to scan a QR code to log on to a site, nothing more, so any additional button pressing could be perceived as a possible hiccup. Definitely not a bug, but just a bit of friendly feedback.
We are thankful for every input we can get, so thanks for reaching out. As for your suggesion, we already have what you want, thanks to the nice work of @sengsational, but this feature is a little bit hidden: Just long-press the app icon and you will find shortcuts for various actions, which you can drag to your home screen. Among them is also the option to launch a quick-scan. This should do exactly what you want. Just give it a try!

As for your question regarding a wishlist, you can just open an issue/feature request on Github:

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
Just long-press the app icon and you will find shortcuts for various actions, which you can drag to your home screen. Among them is also the option to launch a quick-scan. This should do exactly what you want. Just give it a try!
Very cool! Though, it begs the rhetorical question: Can I create a shortcut that selects a specific identity and Alt-Id? In addition to the convenience, that might provide some of what some folks are looking for when they ask for the client to remember Alt-Id's. Obviously, that is NOT going to work for those who see Alt-Id's as an additional "something you know", especially if it were a plain-text part of the short cut.

Reactions: ahauser

ahauser

Feb 22, 2019
Where did Alt-Id's move to in the latest UX? I am running 1.5.0 and have not been able to find it.
It's right there on the login screen, but hidden behind a toggle called "advanced functions":

Very cool! Though, it begs the rhetorical question: Can I create a shortcut that selects a specific identity and Alt-Id? In addition to the convenience, that might provide some of what some folks are looking for when they ask for the client to remember Alt-Id's.
Interesting idea, Dave! Maybe @sengsational would be interested in further enhancing his app shortcuts feature?

shanedk

May 20, 2018
Obviously, that is NOT going to work for those who see Alt-Id's as an additional "something you know", especially if it were a plain-text part of the short cut.
IMO, it absolutely should not be seen as a secret or "something you know" or anything else like that. The encryption key protects your data. Don't complicate it with anything else, especially since the Alt-ID is pretty much guaranteed to be low entropy. And the new identity it creates isn't linkable to the regular site ID, so it isn't in any way necessary.

Reactions: Dave

Dave

May 19, 2018
Gardner, MA
It's right there on the login screen, but hidden behind a toggle called "advanced functions":
So it is!

I looked right at that (without reading the words) and assumed it was a column heading for the radio buttons!! D'OH!!

Stupid user tricks or another "opportunity to excel" for the UX design?

Last edited: